Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Light bar

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Stubs84, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Stubs84

Stubs84 Registered Member

Any of you guys do me a favor and post sum pics of your light bars, on top of the truck also how you ran wiring, ill prolly be making my own just looking for ideas im still kinda weary about putting holes in the roof for the electrical.

Thanks

2. cabledawg

cabledawg Secret Squirrel Premium Member

Heres a pic of mine. I know there arent any lights on it, I'll have to take some with the lights on. I ran the wiring to one side and made my entrance under the gutter rail. I wrapped the exposed wires with several layers of electrical tape and zip tied all of that to the bar itself. Once it stops raining, I'll try to get some visuals to show you.

11-19-2006b 023.jpg

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i will get some of mine on sat for ya and post them up. :D

48" streethawk light bar federal signal unit. ex police bar with new amber domes. it has 55w halegen bulbs threw out it. take down lights in the front /side alley lights / and rear wig wag flashers in the back. i have yet to finish my full rebuild and customization of the bar. i have lower light covers for the insides as thay are open. and when a set of lights is on you get blead threw to the other lenses up/down of the ones on.

the hold down system is gutter clips. thay work good and no ream permenant mounting hole to worre about. then i have a new grill for the center as this one is a bit beat up. then i need to pop the hole in the back of the cab and run the power wire down the b piller to the new built center consol / switch box i have to install yet. link to that http://www.coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202680&highlight=troy

so its all in all a nice light bar for my needs and later pics will come of the whole truck once its finished and all this will come together.

streethawk bar 006.jpg

streethawk bar 003.jpg

streethawk bar 005.jpg

streethawk bar 004.jpg

Last edited: Mar 31, 2007
  4. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

the old "TrailBlazer" light bars, don't think the company is in business anymore...Found this one on Ebay :D

the edge lights are 55watt (one on each side) 10 forward facing (6 are 100 watt bulbs) and 5 rear facing (all 55watt) PLUS the two on the bumper at 100watts each,,,and the headlights were relayed so that all four light up when the high beams are switched on....

It lights some stuff up, and kills the battery pretty quickly. need more power argh! ARGH! ARGH!

484858462BblHEx_ph.jpg

484858940yKxqXA_ph.jpg

100_1695.jpg

100_1699.jpg

100_1692.jpg

5. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

The one thing I miss in not having a roof ... is not having an overhead console.

Though I could put on in the rollcage ... hmm... :thinking:

-- A

6. Stubs84

Stubs84 Registered Member

hey 4xcrazy where'd you score the console, im looking at trinig one for my blazer but the one i have has weird angles, i just dont wanna go through the fiberglassing hassles to make it work and look good

7. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

That's a factory *Burb* console ... my '90 had one. Might be an 88+ thing, might be 90-91 only, donno.

Obviously the Blazers didn't have them as they'd stick out when the top was off :haha:

-- A

8. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

Back in the day, I really liked those Trailblazers' but couldn't get one. How do you like it? Are they worth it?

Manny

9. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

With the standard bulbs,,no, they were all 55watt when i got it, i went around to the auto parts stores and bought all the 100 watt bulbs i could find, 6 so far, but i figure that was enough, and placed them in the right positions for adequate forward facing lighting.

As mentioned, 10 forward facing,,,i took the one edge forward facing light on each side, redrilled holes in the housing, and remounted them at about a 45* angle.

It works out ok, but with that many lights, and it being a screwed together housing, it's kinda tough to get each individual light aimed just right, would basically have to have it tore apart out somewhere and aim each one by themselves..

the other issue, with all those lights, 6 of them being 100 watt each, the two bumper lights at 100 watts each, PLus the headlights, it puts a SERIOUS drain on the battery, and the stock alternator even with pushing 105 amps, still cannot keep up with the power demand.

need another battery, and an alternator.

Overall,,i like the light bar. gets alot of comments as well:D

10. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

PSE Code3 2100 LED clear light bar.

[​IMG]