Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Light Bars help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stockk5, Jun 29, 2004.

1. stockk5

stockk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I got a light bar from a friend last night, it has no mounting hardware only the arms that seem to bolt on somewhere above the door i just have no clue where or how to do it. I need some ideas. Those of you who have them on can you take close up pics for me? Thanks a lot, Mike

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I have pics of the one I HAD at home. I moved to grille lights. Anyway the model I had was a KC. It had L-brackets with rubber coating that went from side of bar bracket to around the drip rail to hold it up. I will get a pic later, unless someone beats me to it. C'moe may have a pic, he has the bar now. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

I have it on the truck put don't have any pic's up close of the mounting of it. If you want I can take some of it for you? It's very basic....

4. justwhatido

justwhatido 1/2 ton status

Anyone here ever tried to mount a windshield light bar (like from a jeep)on a K5. Since I'm installing a soft top, it would be the only way other than on the bumper.

/forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

Fred

5. pauly383

I was busy last night and did not look in my pics. I did find a good pic here Rain Gutter mounting /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

You have the gutters already the parts that you do need are the 4~L shape blackets that holds the bar agains the gutter of your truck with the bolts

7. pauly383

A piece of cheap stock bend and drill some holes and he'll be set after a trip down to a hardware store for some bolts /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif