Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Light Bars

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pplblazerdude, Jan 10, 2004.

1. pplblazerdude

pplblazerdude 1/2 ton status

Hey i was wondering if anyone her has experience with those gutter mount light bars and if so do you have anypictures you would be willing to share. Oh by the way i do mostly trail riding and mud plus a little technical trail riding dont like getting into stuff thats to low.

Thanks
    clint

2. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

i used a pipe rack from a van and just modified it to fit my truck and the lights im not finished with it yet but its been on the truck for about a year and works fine

3. pplblazerdude

Hey do you have any pics of it and do you think the gutter mount is strong and take a few hits from brush.

thanks
    clint

4. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

I have one of the CARR light bars, looks cool as hel, but sucks when trail running. I carry my allen wrench in the truck with me so I can put it back on after i knock it off. I have knocked mine off at least a half dozen time, i have the scratches and gouges on my gutters to prove it. They don't take brush very well, I have knocked mine off on branches that were small enough I could have broken them with one hand. I like mine, other than the it getting knocked off, I try to be aware of it, but there are some places that you have no choice but to drag it through. You can see mine in the pic.

[​IMG]

5. pplblazerdude

are the mounts on them that easy to knock of. i dont wont it coming of all the time and tearing stuff up

6. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

I have a gutter mount and it has wacked many branches and is holding on fine. Imagine a fullsize truck lifted going to jeep trails a lot with a light bar.

7. pplblazerdude

hey okie if you dont mind could you tell me how tall the light bar and lights are together. Im guessing those are 6 inche lights. I appreciate oh bye the way your truck looks good.

thanks
    clint

8. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

I will get some measuremants and some close up pics tomorrow, I am doing a front spring swap, so I will be around it all day.
    [ QUOTE ]
    oh bye the way your truck looks good

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, there has been a lot of time, money, blood and sweat put into it to get to where it is now. This is how it looked when I bought it /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. Yes, all the parts laying around it belong on the truck, thats the t-case under the plastic. I made one trip to get the truck and another trip to get all the parts that belonged with it so I could put it back togther. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[​IMG]

Krennen

9. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I have a gutter mount and it has wacked many branches and is holding on fine. Imagine a fullsize truck lifted going to jeep trails a lot with a light bar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to say the same thing. I did get rid of the allen type bolts and used real bolts to keep it tight though. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

10. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

Old pic- KC guttermount [​IMG]

11. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

here is a picture of my light bar if i can get it to work
    [​IMG]
    that thing was origonaly ment to hold like 500lbs and down here we dont have brush just trees which i smack all the time