Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

light covers....and alternator upgrade.....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mr.LaHoyaSunset, Mar 20, 2003.

1. Mr.LaHoyaSunset

Mr.LaHoyaSunset Registered Member

Does anyone know where to find light covers for the interior and the back area? nmine are missing, and have been for some time. another question, should i consider upgrading my alternator? when i drive, the idle and voltmeter fluctuate with the amount of current i have running, its not affecting much, its just annoying that the lights dim, and occasionally the radio cuts out and gets staticky.
    any thoughts? thanks a bunch fellow k5'rs
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

unless you are running alot of highpower lights or stereo equipment then a standard alternator should be fine. Yours might be going south and need replacement. They don't have to die 100%, they can just not put out full power. I would have it checked. Most auto parts stores will do it for free.

As for the light covers, I would say GM direct or maybe LMC might have them.

3. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

auto zone has the dome light covers for a couple of $$. thats where i got mine at. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4. Mr.LaHoyaSunset

Mr.LaHoyaSunset Registered Member

thanks a bunch /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I just bought 1 of those light covers at pepboys today. 3.99.I agree, It sounds like your alternater might be goin south on you.