Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Light 'em up!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dontoe, Oct 2, 2005.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm a sucker for kool flashlights. I bet I have at least 20. Heck, I have 3-three cell mag-lights!!! Love the headlamp led flashlights, 3 of those. Mini-mags, four of the bada$$ super bright led ones that run for days on a single set of batteries "Continuously!"
    Anyway, this is on my list now!!!

[​IMG]
    World's Brightest Flashlight
    This is the brightest flashlight available, producing 15,000,000 candlepower (the equivalent of 150 60-watt bulbs), six times as bright as the lighthouse at Montauk Point, New York, and is visible more than six miles away. There’s no earthly darkness the 80-watt high-powered H4 quartz halogen bulb cannot penetrate, and the lamp is rated to last 1,000 hours for a lifetime of emergency illumination during power outtages, blizzards, fog, rain, or any other condition. The rechargeable battery provides 40 minutes of operation on a full charge in full power mode, or 85 minutes in economy mode, which nevertheless produces 1,000,000 candlepower. The hardened glass chimney adds strength along the length of the bulb for extra shatter-resistance, and a hardened glass lens surrounded by a latex rubber sleeve shields the bulb chamber, deflecting drops, bumps, and impacts. An adjustable stand allows you to position the spotlight for hands-free use, and it has a sturdy carry handle. Battery recharges via included AC adapter or 12-volt DC automobile adapter. 15 1/2” L x 12” Diam. (12 lbs.)

</SPAN>Item 72596 ................... $79.95

2. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Need to tell dad about that flashlight, he'll probably want one. I myself meanwhile got a mini-maglite for free in the mail once after sending to the Maglite company the story of when dad dropped his Maglite into the lake and it stayed there for six-months before we could retrieve it, and it still worked after we found it.

3. dontoe

Hee, hee................have to rag him 'bout that.
    Wow, it still worked? :eek1:
    Kool!!!

4. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

pretty kewl they sent you a free mini for dropping one of there products into a lake :D

5. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Dad still has it and he still uses it too! Maglites are the tougest darn flashlight that's made, and it's made here in the USA! Makes me mad as heck now to see the cheap, foreign made knockoffs of it.

6. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

get a scorpin streemlight

there small about 4" long, take two 3v litthum batts, and will know you over it so bight, on a dare of toughness i held the lens to my buddys inner arm, and wouldent let go for only 5 seconds he had a small round burn there for weeks.

[​IMG] best flash light i ever had, brighter than a 6 cellD mag light

7. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

If you realy want to get into flashlights go to Candlepowerforums.com . It is the addicting flashlight CK5 equivalent :D

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Need some off road lights like that. [​IMG]:eek1: :eek1: :eek1:

9. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Been there, done that. I spent $150 on a Phantom Warrior (2-AA LED light) while I was still in the Corps, because it's an NVG-safe white light. Got more Maglights of various sizes than I can recall; a couple Pelican MityLites; a Streamlight LED penlight that runs on 2 AAAA batts (which I can't find...), a few LED headlamps, a handful of off-brand LED handhelds, and a SureFire G2. The SureFire is like a light-cannon... F'n awesome!

10. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

The lights went out at my place a while back. All I had handy was my Surefire 6p with the high output bulb in it. I walked out of my room, holding it in front of me, forgetting that at the end of the hall were mirrored closet doors. The light hit the mirrors and I was instantly blinded. Didn't matter that the lights came back on in a couple minutes, all I was seeing was spots. :haha:

11. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

That's a cool light but a bit big to tote around at work all day. Also a light house is as much about the lens as the candle power. My favorite is still the Streamlight Stinger. (and I've got a pile of flashlights)

Streamlight's little penlight is very cool, too. Mine uses 3 of the AAAA. They sell them at the drug store on the corner, its a Walgreen's. The Mac truck also sells them. If you need me to I'll pick you up a pack. Just shoot me a PM.

The only Steamlight product of the 6 I own that I am not 100% satisfied with is my headlamp. Sometimes I have to mash the button more than once to get it to work. Mine is the 7 LED one, selectable between 1, 4, or 7 on. My wife has the LED/Krypton combo one and has never had that problem with hers. Of course she only uses hers camping, while mine gets beat on at work.

12. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've got one of those too. THe only place I have found batteries is eBay. Like this. I am beginning to think that the streamlight is the only thing in the world that uses them. It is a cool light though.
    I started buying flashlights at Wal-Mart. They have a small model that uses 123 batteries (like the sure-fire) but sells for $20. I have 2 and they are definatly brighter than my mag-lights (3-4 D).

13. bigjbear

Like I said, try Walgreens or a tool truck, if you get one where you work. Although 14 of them for $12.50 is a good price, I don't know if I would use them up before they went bad. It doesn't take much power to run that one LED.

Any one use one of these? SureFire C3 Centurion Flashlight

14. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

I only have two lights I use on a regular basis. One is a rechargeable million candle power spot, and the other is one of those little jobs with the headband. I use the headband light more, cause, no hands required. If you have never tried one of these rigs, you should. Amazing what you can accomplish in the dark when you can use both hands, and the light is always where you are looking.

15. dontoe

Oh, no. That is an image I refuse to imagine!!!:eek1: :rolleyes:

16. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Jack-light??

Anyone tried one of those newfangled LED ones they sell on TV ??--you know,the ones that never need batteries,and you have to jerk it off to generate the electricity.. :haha: --I was wondering if they are any good,or just another POS gimmick!??.... :confused: :crazy: I can see the LED's being and advantage,but I'm not sure how the "generator" part works... :crazy:

17. bigjbear

They work the same way as the old ones you used to need to crank. The plus on these are the LED takes less power, so less whacking is needed. It seems like a good idea, but I doubt they are very bright. And the commercial is annoying.

18. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

This is the best light for both performance and price I have ever bought:

[​IMG]

$30, bright as hell, tough as hell and cheap as hell.