Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Light problem

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by lebowski, Aug 27, 2005.

1. lebowski

lebowski Registered Member

Hello fellas, hope you can help me out. It's an 86 blazer originally with a 305, and now with a 6.2 and a 700r4. Pretty much stock. So, my problem lies somewhere in the wiring of my running lights and brake lights. With my lights on everything is alright. However when i hit my brakes with the lights on I can watch my alt. gauge dip extremely low very quickly. Once i let off the brakes it slowly climbs back. The alternator was recently rebuilt, and i have two new batteries and all new cables except for the cable running from alt. to battery, which appeared to be fine. I'm all ears where to look first. Faulty connection somewhere? Any other info needed I'll supply. I hope my discription wasn't too lame. Thanks.

2. trikstark5

trikstark5 1/2 ton status

I would suggest checking your ground connections and make sure you alternator is putting out 14 vdc. Also make sure no wires are chaffing anywhere and make sure your bulbs are good as well as the sockets in the brake lights. I had chased an electrical problem for hours one time and it ended up being a corroded socket for the brake light. Good luck...