Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

light trail run on the 21st? or 22?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by supersize75k5, Mar 14, 2004.

1. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

The 75 is comming together and tommarow I hould get to fire up the 454 /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif mmmmm cam!

anyways, after getting the detroits I have to test them.....

any east vally boys want to go to butcher jones and just go fool around by the coves?

I still have alot to do, but I am testing the waters /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Since I am working Saturday and was only planning on fishing Saturday night I may take you up on that. I can fish in the coves , and wheel a bit. Sunday may work. Call me this week. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I'M IN !!

Just say the word on where to meet and i'll be there.

4. supersize75k5

I think the big boys are doing a bigger run on the same time frame...

my 75 should fit right in with you sheet metal fanatics /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. pauly383

There is a camping run . I just have to work Saturday until 4 so I am not going to mayer. There is fun for all levels from what I heard. I am going fishing anyway this upcoming weekend. I'd like to move this to Bartlett lake Sat night (me) and Sunday morning for whoever. There are some fun flexy trail spots and its all dirt. But butcher would be fun so who knows. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I cant go, but I would like my wheels back /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dan

7. pauly383

Shawn, I am thinking of going fishing Sat night through Sun morning and wheeling Bartlett Lake ( fr42 short part too ) . Would you like to head up there Sunday? Bob and Tj will probably go. If we did this we would be on the bartlett flats towards the back. Let me know. I haven't fished yet this spring and I gotta get some in. Butcher is in my backyard basically and we can do that all year long. Let me know what you think of this. There are more flexing oportunities where we would be /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

8. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Yeah i don't mean to be rude on your post, but i think that the Bartlett area would be a much nicer area to mess around in, it's also easier on the tires too, at least in my experience from Butcher Jones area, i always came home with majorly chewed up tires from the loose sandy dirt and sharp rock mix just tearin into the treads, whereas Bartlett is mainly just dirt and alot of different trails that can be traveled on with different difficulty levels. Then we can hang out by the lake at night and have a few drinks and tell trail war stories, which i think you have plenty of Shawn /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif. Anyhoo, IMO, that would be the place for the weekend wheelin and overnight partying plan.

And i'mmm,,,,,,,,,Baaaaack ooout

9. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

Damn! The wife works Saturday 6pm-12am. I'm wondering if I should head out there as soon as she gets home. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    How far is fr42/Bartlett? I've never been there.
    Gotta do it now while I have the wheelin bug huh? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

It's not hard to find, going to pm you with some info.

11. supersize75k5

sounds like a plan guys, I will also be bringing my buddy david aka the blue blazers new owner.

all of this is depending on if I get the 75 done /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

12. supersize75k5

dan, I dropped them off last night, look in your back yard /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Also, answer yur phone, I tried calling you all day /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

-shawn

13. pauly383

I am going up there after work Saturday. Want to be on road by 6pm. I won't really wheel that night, gonna drink and fish. Sunday morning would be great to wheel. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. supersize75k5

If all goes well the blazer should be ready by saterday night...

my only concerns though is I just redid the whole truck..

steering
    breaks
    rear axel
    front
    motor
    wiring

everything has been changed in the last two weeks I am concerned that I might have to work out some bugs and I dont feel a 1 hour plus drive the night I get it done is such a good idea /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    \

I am not trying to be negative, I just dont want to hold everyone up if I have an issue and I really dont want to have to get towed back home.

I am just going to go back to the coves at butcher or go party with friends at sicamore saterday night, if all goes well I will head out to bartlet on sunday /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

this way, if I break or have issues saterday night I am only 15 minutes away from my buddies home in AJ /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

This is all if's for now, at any rate I can wheel the 83 if need be with its new owner /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

-shawn

15. pauly383

That is understandable. Get it safe and ready beforehand, we all have many years of wheelin ahead of us so we can go anytime. I am sorry for not wanting to do Saguaro, the fishing report is good for Bartlett. If it all works out and you show up Sunday morning, we will be on the Bartlett flats and will wheel Sunday morning. Whats neat about this trail over here is its all up and down and off camber. You just put the truck in gear and cruise. Mostly dirt so it can be done without lockers . Lots of fun places to flex and try to pull a wheel up. I hope everything works out on the trucks new incarnation, and the new motor holds up (drive slower /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif).
    Paul /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. supersize75k5

here is the blazer right now... friday at 1:30

[​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

17. pauly383

That is not even close, you sure you have time? Motor needs cam broken in?Cage welded up? Wish you luck /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif I wish I could help, I have wifey stuff to do tonight and I work Sat until 4 /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Take your time and if you don't get done bring the blue one and wheel /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. supersize75k5

MOTOR IS IN!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

just need to make it run.. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

anywho..loks like my front locker wont be going in the d-60 this weekend so wheeling is out /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I may or may not show up sunday.. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

19. pauly383

Well don't worry about it then. I am going to catch fish and take pictures /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

And i'll probably just get drunk and heckle Paul with his fish,,,