Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lightbar??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DMONTSCHAK, Dec 31, 2002.

1. DMONTSCHAK

DMONTSCHAK Newbie

I'm looking for a TRAILBLAZER Lightbar. Has anybody seen any around??? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

They went out of business some time ago. Sometimes you see them for sale. I heard a guy here had one for sale. Maybe check ebay or do a search here.

3. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

I got a light bar from carparts.com, however I dont know what brand. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

4. DMONTSCHAK

DMONTSCHAK Newbie

If anybody sees or knows of any please let me know

5. Krase

Krase Registered Member

I have a steel horse light bar and am happy with it.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I ended up buying one off Ebay for under $10.00 . Brand new, never been on anything. Still had the blue plastic coating on the bar.

7. TJS

TJS 1/2 ton status

I am still working on putting a bar on my K-10. This is what I did. I had a 79 K-5 blazer that I took off the road cause of rust. I then took out the factory rear "roll" bar and now I am modifying it to fit my K-10. I cut the angled feet off of it and added 6 inches to each side. I then welded a pipe for my pipe mount yellow strobe (for plowing) and welded 3 tabs on each side off the center of the pipe where I will be using backup lights and two other strobes facing the rear. I also am putting the 100w bazer lights facing front. The best part I think is I had a new LED third brake light from a newer Tahoe and made and welded mount for that as well on the bar. I used 2.010" .135 wall for all this.
    So now I am working on fabbing up feet and then I have to extend the kick outs to the fenders and bolt it to the bed.
    Then comes the wiring part. I have pics of this if anyone wants to see it just email me.
    So far it has cost 12.00 for the scrap tube and 20.00 each for the 6" 100w lights. I had all the other stuff laying around. I have tons of time into this thing though.
    T.J.

8. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

There still being made. But they don't have any Distributers that I know of. If I can find there Phone number I'll post it. The company is in Californa.

9. DMONTSCHAK

DMONTSCHAK Newbie

THANK YOU, I've been checking out Ebay etc.. With no luck