Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lighting problem

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 89newtome, May 10, 2005.

1. 89newtome

89newtome Registered Member

89 4x4 fullsize blazer. Parking lights-brake lights and dash lights stay on all the time, left turn does not blink. I have removed every fuse in the fuse box, removed headlight switch, disconected turn signal switch and removed brake light switch. Lights still on. I noticed dash lights went out when I pulled dash light fuse and right brake light went out when I removed headlight switch. Headlight high and low work fine and right turn works fine. I am very puzeled at where lights are getting power from. every thing that I thought ran lights is sitting on the floor. I think I should name this thing Christine. Any help would be greatly apreciated <--- cant spell for **** sorry

2. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Replace your turn signal switch. Brake/turn/park/hazard lights are all routed through there in one way or another, and can start shorting out with each other and causing very funny things. You can get one from americanclassic.com. In fact, if you look very closely, you can see the drivers side parking light on my avatar is lit up because I was on the brake....but that is all in the past! :D