Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lights anyone?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Confederate9, Sep 7, 2000.

1. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

ok i have oredered 2 kc lights and they are on their way. and i am wondering where yall mounted yours? any thoughts. i dont have a bull bar but i do have the 2 things that come up the bumper that look like fangs [dont knwo their names]
    any thoughts on where to mount them?

Confederate's w/ K5's!
    '85 K5: BIG BAD AND MEAN
    "DONT BE PROUD IF IT AINT LOUD!"

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I would mounts them on the bumper unless your bumper comes in contact with objects regularly. If that is the case, then go with a roof mount.. I mounts two on the cowl once, sort of like the mirror mounts for Jeeps, but I didn't like it and I almost ripped one off by a vine.

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

3. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

I've got two Hellas on top of a pre-runner bar that is bolted on top of my bumper, it looks great and is strong as he!!. Remember, the higher you mount them, the farther you project the light. The top of mine are just below the top of the grill, so I'm getting the maximum projection without mounting them on the roof.
    Those "fangs" are usually called bumper bars, push bars, or even bumerettes, just so ya know.[​IMG]

It's not what you buy, it's what you build!

4. **b**

**b** 1/2 ton status

I put mine right smack dab between those 2 "fangs"
    (Hella 500)

5. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

D'oh! I meant bumperettes!!!

It's not what you buy, it's what you build!

6. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

i cut out spaces in the plastic airdam thingie under the front bumper. i took my time with a dremel, it came out pretty sweet. it looks stock, and i use blazer light covers on them.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

7. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

I put two Pro-comp 130's between the hoop on the Bull bar on my front bumper, and 4 Pro comp 130's on the roof..its<font color=red>DAZZLING</font color=red> and projection shoot it looks like a B-52 coming in to land[​IMG]

<font color=blue>White Knight</font color=blue>

8. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

I've got your lights fellas! A pair of 100 watt (each) aircraft landing lights mounted on the brush guard. These puppies are good for a half mile (really!!) They'll burn your hand if you touch them - hence - I need to be moving to cool 'em down. (I think they're kinda illegal in town - shhhhhhhh)!

behemoth K5

9. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Bolt them suckers on the hood. lol Just kidding. I prefer direct to the bumper or Push bar.

It's better to have it than to not need it, then to need it and not have it. !!!

10. Hayduke

Hayduke 1/2 ton status

JC Whitney sells a small bracket that bolts to the back of those "fangs" and lets you mount a light atop each one. i have those fangs too, soon they'll come off, i've got an older push bar that i'm in the process of sanding/painting and i'm gonna mount my lights there...
    HAYDUKE

Insured By COLT, Policy #.357M

http://haydukesk5.coloradok5.com