Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lights/Lightbar

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bking, Jan 18, 2001.

1. bking

bking 1/2 ton status

I want to put some lights on the roof,I've seen loads of trucks with 4 or 5 spotlights on a bar, is this a special light bar, or a drilled roof rack?

2. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

I.ve got this setup, in most cases its a light bar you can pick up from your local parts dealer or around $75- $125. Putting it on is a breeze.

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red>, it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>

3. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

KC makes an overhead bar that justs bolts onto the drip molding. The stainless steel one is $160 and the black is $140. If you get one make sure to get some of that rubber dip for the mounting equipment. The hooks that grab on to the drip molding are bare metal and the paint doesn't like that. You might wanna also pick up some new bolts because those anti-theft ones are impossible to get off. I had to file mine square and use vice-grips to pull them off. I rewired my lights too and they didnt start on fire, hehe. I got an 8 gauge power lead running into the cab and its double fused, I should hope they dont catch on fire, haha.

June 2001 - The Texas Sawz All masacre begins. Be afraid rust, be very afraid. [​IMG]

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

I have a Tailblazer light bar....if you want to get info call them at 714-543-2213

[​IMG]

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I had a KC light bar that had enough holes for 5 lights, got it at pep girls about 2 years ago......

<font color=green> No machines are perfect!</font color=green>