Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lights mounted on mirror posts?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88K5Jimmy, May 25, 2001.

1. 88K5Jimmy

88K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Have any of you guys mounted lights on your mirrors? I have figured out a way to use a cb antenna clap to mount them to the post on my mirrors. However the light doesn't stick past the door frame so I am wondering if there will be light shining back into the cab through the vent window? I would like to mount them there cause my friend has a jeep with them mounted on the windshield and they shine at the perfect height. Maybe i should just hook them up and see?? What do ya'll think?

2. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

Go for it & report back! I'd like to do the same thing (or something similar) after seeing a police car with flashing lights mounted into the front of the mirror housing. Looked pretty cool![​IMG]

Brian
    89KBlazer

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I mounted a set of KC's on the Cowl plate, similar to a Jeep mount. I had them on there on weekend and a vine grabbed one of them!!! It ended up breaking the light housing, lens, bulb, cowl and windshield!

Off to the side may be a little different though...

If you do it, take pics and let us know how it work!

<font color=green>MIKE</font color=green> - "Hukd on fawnics,werkd fer me!"
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://emmett.coloradok5.com>http://emmett.coloradok5.com</A>