Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lights out

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MILOLGJC, Oct 10, 2002.

1. MILOLGJC

MILOLGJC Registered Member

My dash lights went out and also ...and maybe unrelated, the water temp gage has ceased operation. I can't seem to locate anything in common with these two components on the electrical diagram in my Haynes manual. Also, I have checked all fuses etc... I am hoping not to take the dash apart. Any ideas? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Are your tail lights on?
    usualy when the dash lights go out the tail light fuse has blown.
    The dash lights are are tied into the tail light circuit.

3. MILOLGJC

Everthing else works ok...I have checked the fuses and all appears well. I was thinking a loose ground wire maybe, but the rotten wiring diagram I have is not much help. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Most of the grounds in the cab are plugged into the buss bar on the drivers side behind the dash...not bolted to the firewall or the dash, off to the left between those two...basically the drivers side of the cab front.

5. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

I would guess a bad or dirty rheostat on your headlight switch. If you can fill out your profile and indicate what year we are talking about...it helps us help you.

6. MILOLGJC

The vehicle in question is a 1976 K5 Blazer. Thanks for the info.....I'll look behind the dash tomorrow.

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Knowing that its a '76, I now don't know if there is a buss bar for the grounds behind the dash panel. (most 80's trucks did) Just a heads up if you decide to look for one.