Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lights Pulsate and flicker when acceleratng and shifting

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by equalizer, Sep 5, 2004.

1. equalizer

equalizer Registered Member

Currently in Northern Alberta. Soon to be heading
    Hey guys, I'm at freaking lose ends. My front head lights and instrament cluster will flicker when I either accelerate quickly or when I change gears (i.e. From Park to drive, drive to reverse). Any suggestions about what might cause this> I, of course, didn t notice it very much through the summer with the longer days, but now with shorter days, it's a big pain......My only thought was the alternater crapping out. Any help is awsome. Thanks
    MarcD

2. camok10

camok10 1/2 ton status

if I were you, I would start wiggeling around in my harness with the lights on, but with the truck not running. Cause it sounds like a lose connection somewhere. Make sure to check the battery connections and grounds as well, never hurts. And if you find something that makes it flicker, you know its not the alternator if the truck is not running.

wiring gremlins are a pain, but good luck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

It could be the voltage regulator is going. It could also be a bad connection. I would check the ground straps from the engine to body and to the battery.

4. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

My vote goes for the alternator/voltage regulator. Go to your local auto parts store that does free electrical testing and see what they read.