Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Like father? Like Son ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Thunder, May 4, 2006.

1. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Looks like Teddy (waterwings) Kennedy's son is following....... oops.. I ment staggering in his dad's footsteps.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/5/4/191620.shtml?s=ic

If that would have been anyone of us. We would have been locked away in a hole and all the MADD mothers in the country would have been outside the jail building a gallows.
    Kennedy gets a free ride home? Jees what s wrong with those DC cops? I heard another report that he hit a cop car and smashed into a wall. Must be nice to be Royalty.

2. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

I saw that last night... the kid will prbably grow up to be a congressman, and lecture everyone on ethics, just like his dad.

It's gotta just kill that family to know that if JFK were alive today, he'd be a republican.

3. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Why did the two good kenedy's have to get assasinated and all the ****y ones left behind...

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

LOL:D The "Kid" is already a congressman. He represents Rhoad Island. He is already very good at lecturing on ethics. He is a total anti gun nut. He thinks people who oppose gun ban laws are insane.

5. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I can't think of anyone off the top of my head that I hate more than his old man...

6. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

See how I am? I just assume every kennedy on the news is some useless playboy. I realize now he's a duly elected useless playboy.

Why, oh why do people keep voting those clowns into office.

7. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

The interesting parts of that article that I picked out and reassembled in order:

"Kennedy appeared to be intoxicated when he crashed his car into a barrier on Capitol Hill early Thursday morning, the officers involved in the accident were instructed by an official "above the rank of patrolman" to take Kennedy home. Two sergeants who responded to the accident conferred with the watch commander and were ordered to leave the scene.

After the officers left, Capitol Police officials gave Kennedy a ride home. No sobriety tests were conducted at the scene.

Kennedy said he was late for a vote, the last vote of the night had occurred almost six hours earlier."

"I consumed no alcohol prior to the incident. I will fully cooperate with the Capitol Police in whatever investigation they choose to undertake."

If he did not consume alcohol, why the need for drug rehab? I'd also like to know who in the department would have the authority to let him walk.

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Technically they had to. It's one of those old focked up laws. If a Senator or Congressman is stopped by a policeman and they tell them that they are going to vote then they have to let them go, at least in Washington. It all has to do with representation of the people. Of course the last time I checked not to many votes were being cast in the wee hours of the morning.
    At least He didn't kill anyone and get away with it like his father did.

9. odoa3

odoa3 1/2 ton status

I just heard something on the news about them investigating to see if there was some mishandling of the case. What is this IF stuff?????????

10. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

JFK couldn't possibly get elected today, even as a repub... he'd be labeled a "right wing nut", "religous zealot" and "shamelessly pro-military" before he even started his campaign.

No way in hell he'd make it as a democrap... he's half a dozen steps to the right of Lieberman and Lieb could only get a single-digit percentage of the primary demo vote. yikes.

j