Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

like or hate windsheld visors???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by darkshadow, Dec 21, 2003.

1. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

so whats the concenses here how many like or hate the fiberglass lund windsheald visors? I have one on my 88 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif and will probably take it off, if the inshrance company dosent write it off. i don't mind the looks but as my dd it sucks because it just wistles down the steet so bad /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifi hate that!!!! i don't want to take it off do to the 8 or so bolt holes it will leave, but i notised it is starting to rust(damm cancer spreaders!!!). i don't know what do you guys think? any one got pics of theres?

2. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

I hate mine, I wish I could take it off but I dont want to leave the holes.... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I like mine. Its still on there.

4. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

They are bad later on in life. Water gets inside the roof & your roof starts rusting out....

5. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

THATS what i am worryed about, and its starting on the roof (lifting the new paint and starting on the sheat metal) i don't want to be left with a boogered windsheld line. where do i draw the line on it looking cool and and practicality, its a crisp truck. i wish i still had my 85 C D 20 man that thing was great i would beat the S**T out of it and it took it all. never cared much about what it looked like (still was good) but man it took a beating, till that damm pole /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

hate the way they look, like the fact they keep a good portion of ice off the winsheied in the mornings /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Mine will probably come off when I repaint this spring!

7. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

i like mine. expecially how it keeps the snow and ice cleared. im not crazy about how it looks, but hey, function over form, right?

8. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: like or hate windshield visors???

i like them but i cant have one on mine as i would just rip it off when I'm out wheeling /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Depends on what you want it for and how/where you drive.

On a tight trail with overhanging braches or ledges, you are almost guaranteed to rip it off and it may cause collateral damage in doing so.

If you are strickly a street driver or mud, you may want it for looks or function and there is nothing wrong with that. I have one on the 78 (moon visor without the lights), I like it as it keeps rain and snow at bay, helps in certain blinding sun conditions, and looks nice (wish it was the one with lights though) BUT this is a strickly street driven rig (daily driver/plow truck), so I don't have to worry about it getting ripped off. If I ever do decide to convert this to a trail rig when my 80 is completely rebuilt (again), then I will take it off and have the holes covered. FWIW

10. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

How did I know you were going to reply to this one /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

John

11. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i like mine... i get reeally bad headaches when bright lights (like the sun!) are in my peripheral vision, so the visor helps a bit with that. If I didnt have the visor, I'd have to come up with some other means of doing the same thing.

j

12. DougK20

DougK20 1/2 ton status

From an ex-glass tech, don't like 'em. Removing them to install windshields is a pain. I've seen the results of rust and roof detoriation in that area. I never thought they did much good anyway. Plus, the look is 80's. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

13. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    How did I know you were going to reply to this one

John

[/ QUOTE ]

Bwahahahaha /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

Re: like or hate windshield visors???

i would keep mine no problem, untill it got ripped off, but the wistleing AHAAhhhHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it drivesx me nuts. dosent anyone else's do thatr is mine on wrong man its annoying /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

15. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I like mine and some day my snorkel will be tucked up underneath it.

16. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

personnally i never liked the way that they looked.too many accessories on a truck is ugly.kind of like those rear curtain plastic things that some people put on their trucks behind the rear window.just plain ugly in my opinion.but that is one mans opinion.your truck is your truck,so if you like it keep it.id rather not have the extra rust holes either as was already said.

17. pplblazerdude

pplblazerdude 1/2 ton status

I have one and i really like it cause when its really bright outside it helps to block out a little of the sun. The only comkplaints i have are after you hit some mud holes and get it on the top once you get it wet mud pours over your windsheild but id say that would happen even if you didnt have one.

Thanks
    Clint

18. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I suppose I can accept the function over flash idea, but I think that these visors are UGLY. I do, however, have a yankee friend who thinks they are pimp. Out out everyone who replied that they are good lookin, who is a yankee (from north of Tenessee) and who is from the South?

19. Silverado_K5

Silverado_K5 1/2 ton status

I like them for blocking some of the sun out of the cab,and keeping snow and ice off of the windshield.

I'd like to buy a good used one if someone has one for sale soon. BTW I'm north of tennessee, but way west of it too /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Doug /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

20. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'm a yankee, and I think they're ugly, poser, show truck, crap. I've got cab lights, but I would never have a visor.