Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Likely Excuse

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cbbr, Dec 12, 2006.

1. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

16-year-old clocked driving 142 in 55 mph zone

(VALPARAISO, Ind.) -- Valparaiso police say they stopped a teenager driving 142 miles per hour in a 55 mile-per-hour zone over the weekend.
    Sixteen-year-old Brandon Raap was charged with speeding and misdemeanor reckless driving. He also faces a license suspension.
    Raap was stopped by Porter County police at 12:40 a.m. Saturday after he turned his 2004 Subaru Impreza off U.S. 30 near Valparaiso.
    The teen told the arresting officer that he was late getting home and didn't want his parents to get mad at him.

Link.

2. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

thats awesome, like the bazzle that hit me 5 years ago and when she tried to speed off, and i caught her and brake checked her ass into the ditch, she told the cop her throttle stuck, funny, she drove away fine after that...

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

A buddy of mine pulled a similar stunt in a warmed over, 455SD powered TransAm on I-25 between Denver and Colorado Springs many years ago. They clocked him at 153 MPH. He lost his license for 3 and 1/2 years. :shocked:

4. 88$PIT

88$PIT Registered Member

One of my clients had a suzuki hayabusa. His son decided to take it for an unauthorized excursion one day and was busted for an even 200 mph! He's lucky to be alive. Dad promptly sold the bike for fear he would try it again.

5. SUPERSUB87

SUPERSUB87 1/2 ton status

that must have been one hell of a subaru. Had to be a bad a$$ wrx sti. 16 and driving one of those, i'm jealous

6. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

That is exactly why I'm glad I have a truck and not a car (well, that and the fact that I wouldn't be a member here if I was driving a Jetta like my dad wanted).

(oh, and wheelin, that's a plus too).

(parenthases are fun)

(pad)

7. fabjunkie

fabjunkie 1/2 ton status

Yes, Jetta's are bad, very bad.

I'm still waiting to find that open stretch where I can test the 157 limiter in my new toy. :D

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

There was an article in the paper here a few years ago about a guy on a bike doing 150ish on the local interstate. It might've been faster, I can't remember completely...

Anyway, the police chased him for a while and couldn't keep up, and eventually a helicopter got in front of him. As soon as he saw it, he pulled over...
    Someone said "Didn't you see all the patrol cars chasing you??" He came back and said "Are you kidding me?? At that speed, you think I'm looking *behind* me??" I believe it, too. I've accidentally hit some pretty high speeds on the new bike, and once I'm all tucked in, my eyes are locked front and side...