Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Limerock roads (rant)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by FL84K5, Apr 29, 2002.

1. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

I just happen to be lucky enough to live on a limerock road. I could handle just a regular dirt road, but no, the county decided to put limrock down. So everytime a car goes by there is a 20 foot high cloud of white dust. Forget about keeping your truck clean. Wash it and the next day its covered in white dust. And of course, you have to drive with the windows up unless you prefer white for your interior color. And my tires will never be black again. Rant over.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've got family that lives by the St John river outside of St Augestine, Fl. I know what you're talking about !!!

3. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

I thought breathing lime dust was toxic. Or is limerock something different? Hope it is, cause' I'm sure you don't want to be breathing that.

4. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Lime rock roads? I have no idea what your talking about. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

When I lived at home I had to run lime rock for about 2-3 miles. I hated it. I lived on Handcart Rd. I hated it. BUT before the county lime rocked it, it was clay, (I was in HS still and had a CJ on 38s) I loved the clay road in rainy season! It would get to be an absolute slop fest!!! I still run the same road to go to mom and dads but I dont have to live out there anymore at least.

One other MAJOR drawback to limerock is that it get hard as concrete but will wash out holes in it. Makes for a nice smooth ride.

The county is presently prepping the road to pave it.

5. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

I remember when our roads used to be clay. I wasn't old enough to drive then. Sometimes the limerock will wash away and expose the clay. Now thats fun to drive in. The potholes do get really bad.

6. Pure Insanity

I dont think lime rock dust is toxic. It cant be good for you tho. LOL!

My parents have orange groves that are on a lime rock road and the rows of trees closest to the road stay white.

7. Pure Insanity

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I remember when our roads used to be clay. I wasn't old enough to drive then.

<hr></blockquote> Thanx! as if all the grey hair I have popping up doesnt make me feel old enuff! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

8. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

lol, actually that was only about 3 years ago

9. Pure Insanity

OK well I feel better now. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif