Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

limiting straps...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90blzr, Jun 24, 2001.

1. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Why would or wouldnt you use these? I havent seen to many people with them, that I have noticed anyway, but then I saw them on Stephens truck.

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Limiting straps are for keeping shocks from hyperextending, and/or coils from unseating. They are typically only for race trucks, and rock crawlers with tons of travel.

I'm so poor I can't even pay attention [​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>http://pugsley.alloffroad.com</A>

3. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Thanks, thats kinda what I thought cause I really havent heard of to many people using them, at least around here.

4. jamiemac

jamiemac 1/2 ton status

I believe Stephen is running them because of his 4 link type suspension on the front. He isn't running leafs anymore. They keep the front axel from over extending.

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Well, I've come to find out if you use a stock truck hard, like I do the straps are needed. I broke the rear shock mounts on my K5. Reason is because the stock (even Ranchos and other brands) shocks are 3 inches too short. The shocks are fine for compression, but not enough shock length for extended.

"I am Republican. Not a baby-killing, tree hugging, land grabbing, touchy feely, hypocrite wuss democrat!"