Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lincoln Mark IV x IV photoshops- the dream's alive

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by monster man, Oct 25, 2005.

1. monster man

monster man 1/2 ton status

still planning to put that old Lincoln on my K20, hopefully by Christmas. We wheeled the Lincoln out to the street to get some shots to photoshop, for a more accurate depiction of the end product. Just taking measurements and looking at the mounting option, I think the best bet is to leave the K20 a long frame, same wheelbase. The Lincoln is so long, that even without bumpers, the body is longer than the truck with its bumpers! The wheelbase i shorter though. To remedy that, we will extend the front wheelwell out 5" to the front, getting rid of some front overhang, and the rear wheelwell five inches out to the back, getting rid of some of the rear overhang. We'll have to play around with it once it's actually up over the frame. First step will be to get the truck frame stripped down and ready to go under the car. Wanna wheel it some more in truck guise first though! ;)

lincolnblackwood.jpg

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Back around 1980 or so, I was wheeling outside Salt Lake City and up over a rise came a '72 or so 2-door Lincoln set up on a 4WD frame. He kept it low and had 33's or maybe 35's tucked up under it. It was actually fairly tastefully done and looked pretty neat.

3. monster man

It should turn out real nice- the Lincoln is such a smooth car, great interior layout and classic style. Getting in and out will be tough, but it will have a great undercarriage for some challenging wheeling, with the K20 components underneath. We want it to be able to tackle all the same stuff the truck does, but do so in luxury ;)

4. Winter Hill Gang

Winter Hill Gang Registered Member

5. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Nice Photochopping

6. mciahpv

mciahpv Registered Member

That... is the greatest thing... I have ever seen.

Keep the pics coming! I can't wait to see how it turns out.

7. monster man

thanks guys, see, that's why i love this place- the sheer look of disgust on my co-workers' faces tells me this is the right thing to do :D Hoping to get done by Christmas so we can get out in the shopping traffic and really p**s off the herds of mindless sport ute drivers! :haha:

8. mciahpv

mciahpv Registered Member

Dude, if I had that thing done by Christmas, I'd enter the thing in the Christmas parade. Get a Santa and a local stripper dressed provocatively as "Santa's Helper" and put them on the hood, then clean off a space on your mantle for the first place prize!!!

Or maybe that's just me...

9. monster man

it's definitely a pimpmobile :rolleyes: Now for turning Santa into a playa............ He could have his bag of tricks, literally :haha:

10. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

Hey, that picture looks like it should go along with a story that ends like this:

....then you know your a redneck.

J/K Best of luck, hope you get 'R' done.

11. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

That lincoln on a 4x4 frame would be "straight gangsta". Looks like a cool project.

12. monster man

took some more measurements, and it looks like the rear wheel opening will have to stay where it is, but be slightlky enlarged on both sides. That means the front opening needs to move ten inches forward and also be enlarged (to match wheelbase of longbed frame), but the engine bay is so huge that fitting everything in there shouldn't be a problem. Except, now we will probably have to go automatic, since the manual trans shifter ends up being ahead of the firewall almost, and the 205 shifter will be far forward enough as is in the interior of the Lincoln. Here's what we need to do to the front wheelwell

it looks pretty decent actually, and cuts front overhang way down

IMG_4108v.jpg

13. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

dude, i kinda like it w/o the tires too.....make it a hoovercraft!

usually i dont like this idea, but this looks like its gonna turn out super clean! DO IT :D

14. gambit420s

gambit420s 1/2 ton status

shame on you!!! at least my crack induced fantasies use a cadillac.

there is a nice 78-9 Conti on a f*rd 350 frame running around here, he's got it lifted with suspension(6-8") and like 8-10" pucks on the body with extra bracing, running 44' boggers.

i really want to put an 84 caddy CDV on my sub's frame, the WB is almost identical!!

i've already talked the guy into tug-o-war if i get it done... should make for some interesting video