Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lincoln Welder Owners....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by heavy4x4, May 5, 2004.

1. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...I'm freakin' getting pissed off at this...

I bought an SP135T and haven't used it yet. The main reason I haven't used it yet is because I have to buy flux-core wire and the proper-sized contact tips. So, I went to the store last weekend and got some .035 Flux Core Wire. BUT, they did not have any contact tips that matched the one in my hand (came with the welder - for .023 solid wire). So, I thought to myself...no biggie, I'll just order some online and all will be fine. I CANNOT FIND ANY OF THESE DAMN THINGS ANYWHERE...NOT EVEN ON LINCOLN'S WEBSITE! WHERE DO YOU BUY YOUR .035 (or any size, for that matter) CONTACT TIPS FOR A LINCOLN WELDER?!?!?!?! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Lincoln uses a Tweco gun doesn't it?
    If so, you can get .035 tips for them at any welding shop. Even Sears carrys .035 tips for Tweco guns.
    Boss

3. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Boss is correct. On Lincoln guns, you can use Lincoln tips, or the cheaper Radnor or Tweco ones. With Miller stuff, your stuck paying for the expensive Miller tips. An .035 tip for that welder should be waaay easy to find. What "store" did you go to? Any welding supply place will have that tip. If you went to Home Depot or something, I could understand.

4. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

It was a Farm & Fleet. I think they're a regional store, so I don't know if they have them by you, but they carry just about everything from work clothes to tires, to sporting equipment, etc.

So where do you suggest I try? A Sears? I can do that...got one of those kinda near me.

5. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Dude you can find .035" tips EVERYWHERE! Even home depot has them. I got a handful from the home depot, some from www. weldingdept.com and my local welding place.

HERE

Chris

6. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Dude you can find .035" tips EVERYWHERE!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I thought...until I actually went looking for them /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Where I went, there were about 4 different .035 tips. None of which worked with my gun. The threads were either too long, too big, or the wrong pitch. I'll hit up Home Depot next since that's the closest to me.

Thanks.

7. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

The only .035 tips my local ACER had fit my gun fine

8. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I can get mine at home depot.

9. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

Home Depot and Sears both carry them. Sears sells "Clarke" tips that work just fine with my Lincoln welder. I've got a few left, want me to seal one up and mail it to ya /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

10. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

I'll take you up on that offer if my Home Depot OR Sears doesn't have any that work. I'm hoping they've got 'em because I forsee myself needing more than 1 or 2. Thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif