Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Line lock wont release, why?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by great scott, Mar 1, 2003.

1. great scott

great scott 1/2 ton status

I just finnished installing a used line lock that I got from a freind who has not used it for years /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. It came with no instructions but on one end it reads inlet the other reads out let. I hooked it up with the line from the master cyl going to the inlet(is that correct) wireing was easy as it grounds through the case, so I only had to add a switched power to lock it up.Then I bled the brakes, pumped up the pedle flip the switch,did a burn out /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif(stupid but fun)and now I cant get it to release short of cracking a brake line open. Any ideas? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Surely you turned the switch off even though you don't mention it ?
    LOL
    My guess is that there is a reason why it was free.....
    I'd take it apart, you'll probably find the pintle is sticking in the closed position due to corrosion.

3. great scott

great scott 1/2 ton status

Well it's working fine now. I had to open the bleeder valve on the calipers to release it the first time but now it holds and releases every time. maybe I just needed a break, Ive been working on White Trash(Blazer) all day. I dont think I was so burned out that I left the switch on, who knows. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Bueno.