Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Line Locks on a blazer?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by coloradoblazers, Mar 18, 2002.

1. coloradoblazers

coloradoblazers 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Any body done this? I've got a manual tranny, so a button on the stick would be easier than reaching down to the e-brake. kits are about $100.00, so it would be worth it to save wear and tear on the clutch.

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I am running Mico Lever-Lock<a target="_blank" href=http://www.mico.com>www.mico.com</a>
    I love this thing!! It is most helpful when the third foot is needed! I like the lever style better cuz you can ease the release of your brakes instead of the button kind were it just lets go all at once! The Mico brand is not cheap 180bucks but it's made of top quality materials and even comes with a low pressure warning switch(I still haven't hooked that up)!
    Hope this helps

3. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

burt....how long does the system hold the pressure before letting loose?

4. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I did a test for that. The company says that a line lock is NOT a replacement for an E-brake. The reason is that the line pressure will fade in time. This is what I did to test it.
    In my diveway,slight down hill, I set the line lock(front calipers only) without my rig in gear or the E-brake on, so I know the front was holding my rig from rolling. Shut down and put blocks under the tires just incase the calipers let go and parked it over night. Next moring I removed the blocks and my rig didnot roll. I released the line lock and it rolled! So it held just fine over night BUT I think, yes it hurts, that if you use the line lock for long periods all the time your caliper seals will not last very long and you never really know when or if the seal is gonna start to leak and you rig will start rolling/forums/images/icons/frown.gif.
    I use mine mostly on the trail and when just running into the store....I love it!!! I totally recomend getting one for anyone with a manual trany!