Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Line X Interior

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FL84K5, Aug 24, 2002.

1. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Anyone Like X'd there interior in a 80's Blazer? I've got an 84 and want to leave the top off, and put tube doors on it. I live in FL where it rains quite a bit so I need to make the interior where water won't damage it. Anyone have pics of a lined interior? Thanks

2. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Do a search on herculiner or rino liner. There are many post on that subject.
    Bill

3. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

4. Rasberry

Rasberry 1/2 ton status

I plan to herculine my interior next weekend. Its a lot cheaper than line-x or rhino. My buddy just did his bed and it looks great. I'll post pic when its done.

5. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Looks really good. Anyone else have any tips on strippingthe interior and makeing it hoseable?

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

i dont really like linex. it's slippery when wet.

7. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Well, I would put some rubber floor mats down so it wouldnt be as slippery where you put you rfeet

8. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Just make sure they put it on extra thick on the front floor boards so it will cut down the heat. If you take out the rear side pannels it honestly doesn't look that bad once you pop off the suport brackets the pannels screw too. Under the pannels it's smooth. If you wanted to you could make some aluminum pannels to go in there and cover them with marine grade vinyl and that would make it very water friendly. just leave some gap in the corners and put a couple grills in the pannels so air can circulate and dry out any water that makes it back there.
    That will get it hoseable. Before you have it done take off the cover that goes over the filler neck and check for rust on that cover. They are very prone to rusting out from the back side.

9. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Im not positive of this but I think the shop that did Line-X in Dade City is gone. I was told they closed up or Line-X pulled out or somethin.

10. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Yeah, that place has been gone for atleast a year. A friend of my dads suposedly does it, so I'll probably have him do it. That a few years off anyways. I need to get something to use as a daily driver before I yank the doors and top off the Blazer permenently. I almost put the thing up for sale again, but my dads going to let my borrow his Ranger for the drive to HCC two days a week.

11. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Jason......Step away from the for sale sign! Ball it up and throw it in the trash! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

I am going to use a different approach at it. WURTH makes a product that they SWEAR makes a great bedliner. Problem is I need to buy a case of the stuff to get the gun to shoot it w/. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif I just need to con my dad into splitting the cost w/ me and Ill spray his dually's flatbed w/ it. I have used quite a bit of it and it is tough stuff. Its actually rocker panel stone guard that is SUPER thick, and can be laid on a thick as you like, and has a good tread to it. The only down side to it is there is no UV protection. But I have seen a truck bed that was done w/ it like 6 yrs ago and it still looked fine to me, so Im gonna give it a try.

BTW I am still working on a kwik release hinges so you can run the doors and take'em off and put them back on in a matter of minutes w/ no having to readjust after putting them back on. I just need more hrs in the day to work on my stuff and side projects. In fact my axles are still in the exact place and condition they were in 2 months ago! /forums/images/icons/frown.gif