Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

liner or carpet?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by arq, Jan 2, 2006.

1. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

the time is coming near to do my interior. I'm almost done with the exterior just need the moldings. I most likely will not off road this baby too nice and no rust to mess it up and get the tires durty.

for those who have done the liner, is it worth it? any regrets. I'm thinking of lining from the pedals all the way to the tail gate. how much did it cost?

for those who did the carpet, which vendor did you go through?

ARQ.

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

If this is for your nice one then I wouold line it first for rust then lay down some sound deading stuff and cap it off with a nice black carpet kit:D

Good to see you around ARQ. Hope you had a great new year
    Burt

3. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

I got a quote from Rhino for $700 assuming I removed all interior parts first. I decided to do it myself with the Duplicolor bed lining stuff that gets sprayed on. It does not give any soundproofing to speak of like a real Rhino would have, and it chipped off if anything sharp hit it. Needed to be touched up now and again. Glad I could help with your decision:rolleyes: :doah:

4. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

LMC for Carpet plus the sound deadener stuff. Pics will be avaialble soon. I was happy with the fit of the carpet (front and rear ordered as the package). To add to that I was at an interior shop and he siad he could not sew a custom carpet that fits that well.

Also ordered the insulation kit (front custom, rear universal).

http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160385

5. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I personally wouldn't line it if I ever planned on selling it again.

I have one of each :D one lined and one carpeted.
    The lined one is for 4x4ing and the carpeted one is for cruisin'.

One note of worth on the carpeting is the "fade" factor...
    Mines only a couple years old and it's faded alot and that's up north here where we hardly ever see the sun, can't imagine it'd last that long in let's say...Cali. or somewhere similar. :rolleyes:

6. mr_blasto

mr_blasto 1/2 ton status

I have been thinking about this one for a while. Say you are planning on keeping your k5 forever. If you are running topless for a long time (15+ years) wouldn't the liner fade? At that point what do you do? If carpet fades you can always replace it. So what is the call if you are going to run topless and keep it for a long time?

Sorry for the hijack

7. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

There are actually some products that will keep the spray in liners looking new and offer UV protection. Kinda like Armor-all but not slippery. I used it every few years with my last Line-X and it kept it nice and black.

8. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

My '72 is lined and it's nice for cleanup and such but no sound deadening to speak of. I will have a better idea of my final solution when I get the new exhaust (the glass packs are unbearable loud). In researching it some of the products do have pretty good UV protection, and you could always coat it again if you had bad fade problems. I'm leaning toward the liner though, carpet and convertible just don't mix well.

9. 70chevybob

70chevybob Registered Member

Just Had My 70 c10 shortbed floorboard, Rocker pannels ans under carrage sprayed for 265.00 from line-x and they took out the seats and coverdd all the tiny holes. It looks great an I dont think that I will need carpet because it looks so nice. I try to post a pic. later