Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LineX...before or after

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by skyblazer, Nov 16, 2001.

1. skyblazer

skyblazer 1/2 ton status

Just a thought from my first truck-building experience. If you plan to use spray in bedliner, do it before you paint the body. I got my tub out of the body shop a couple weeks ago (after 4 months) and took it directly to the LineX guys. I lined the entire floor and bed walls. Talked the guys into shooting a charcoal color and it looks great with the new blue paint. Here's the problem....the liner goes on hot (chemical reaction) and they have to use a special masking tape with wire in it to prevent the tape from melting. They also use real sticky tape. When they lifted it, some paint came with it along the bed rails at the topper bolt holes. I'll get it fixed, but it would have been much easier to mask the bed at the body shop because the bedliner surely will not lift off with tape!

2. JTB

JTB 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the advice, I plan on lining my tub as well. Just curious, why did you choose Line-X over Rhino or another brand? How much did Line-X cost? Thanks,
    Jeff

No officer, I don't remember doing donuts on your lawn