Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Lingenfelter C6

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 87BrnRsd, Apr 25, 2006.

1. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I dont think this has been posted, but holy crap.:bow:
    Twin turbo 427, 725 bhp, 730 torque.
    http://www.lingenfelter.com/C6LS2Lingenfelter427CIDTwinTurbo725HP.htm

They also offer an 800 hp tt c6 z06.:bow:
    http://www.lingenfelter.com/LingenfelterC6ZO6427CIDTwinTurboCorvette.htm

There arent any performance numbers on either of those cars other than an ungodly amount of hp/torque. But to give you an idea... the 725hp/725tq for the LS1 z06 performance package yielded 3.2 seconds to 60, 1/4 mile in 9.5 @ 145(both 1/4 mile and 0-60 times were on street tires), and a top speed of 230+ :eek1: :bow: Now, imagine the tt c6 z06 times.:bow:
    http://www.lingenfelter.com/pack_cor_c5_725.htm
    -Harrison

2. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Can you say Whhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!
    When Lingenfelter was still alive, I wondered what he would charge to simply touch every part in my motor. I figured it had to be worth at least 200HP.

3. 5280k5

5280k5 1/2 ton status

I got to drive a new c6 zo6 right off the transport at work and it was stupid fast bone stock, i can't imagine what one of those animals would be like. can you say goodbye license!

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

The upgrades cost almost as much as the car!!!!! :yikes:

Lingenfelter's legacy clearly commands a premium price.....but I'd still have to think long and hard about spending over $100,000 for a Chevy.

(Do you know how many D60s I could buy for that kind of money!!! :D)

5. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

D60's dont get you ass :D

6. Greg72

100 of them would!!!!! :haha:

Unfortunately, probably all guys.... :rolleyes:

7. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Definitely not the kind of car for me then. I managed to get two speeding tickets in less than than a month early last year in my old 4-cylinder F*rd Probe cause I got in too bad a habit of cruising at 65 to 70 on the long 4-lane strip between the house and work during the commute to and from work.

Gosh I wish I still had that car. It may have been a F*rd, but it was fun to drive and was a manual tranny car. Crap, now I'm going through clutch and shifting withdrawl again.

8. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I saw something over the weekend on TV about the new Vette. The guy that drove it said "Can this car run with the Ferrari's and Lamborghini's of the world? I can tell you one thing. If those cars get on the track with this beast, they will leave bloody". That's got to make any red blooded American proud. :saweet:

A side note I thought was interesting: Not only is the new Vette packing tons of power but it is extremely light. I think the frame is all aluminum and the floors are made of balsa wood. Isn't balsa wood what they made the old airplane wings out of?

9. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Even the C5's had aluminum frames and balsa wood composite floors. That stuff is real light. The new Z06 has carbon fiber body parts on it too.

And in an issue of car and driver i got entitled: shock and awe; they put the new z06 up against the 510 hp, 535 ft/lb viper rt/10, and it smoked it in every performance category. The car and driver guys managed a 3.4 second sprint to 60 in the vette.:yikes: They said about the vette: "What is most amazing is how quick the z06 vette feels. Considering the vette and the viper hit the quarter mile within a few tenths of eachother, what we are about to say is going to sound strange, but the vette feels a lot stronger than the viper. One editor likened it to "having a rock booster at the end of your right foot"." They later went on to say "If the road is straight, the throttle is your thrill ride. Jumping on it at any point thrusts the car forward with such fury that four-letter expletives fly uncontrollably from your mouth.":D
    -Harrison

10. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

what's a z51 vet?

11. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Here, i took a picture of the front page of the car and driver and of the 0-60 times in case anyone didnt believe the 3.4 second time i gave.
    -Harrison

DSCN0518.JPG

DSCN0519.JPG

12. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

THAT is awesome stuff. Makes me want to go out and buy one right now. Only problem is when my wife and I sat down to do our budget I don't think the Vette was in it. :shame:

13. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Its the performance package....
    -Harrison

14. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

so between a regular and a z06?

15. Greg72

The Lbs/Hp spec is the key to the whole thing......the lowest number always wins.

That being said, that Z06 better hope that my 5500Lb K5 doesn't roll up next to it at the stoplight........ (with 890HP under the hood)

:D

I really want to like the Corvette (being a Chevy guy and all)... but I just can't get excited about it for some reason. Maybe it's the fact that there have been over 1 MILLION Corvettes built (not particularly rare or exclusive), or it's unfortunate stigma of being associated with a mid-life crisis, or the "gold chain" set....???? :thinking:

16. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I understand what you are saying BUT I look at the Corvette as "time honored". So many other cars have come and gone and tried to compete with the Corvette, but simply could not and now they are no more. I know this might ruffle some feathers but I don't even think the Viper is in the same league. Yes, its been around 10 years or so, but 50 years from now I have no doubt that it will not have had nearly the success the Corvette has had.

On the "rare or exclusive" side, I see it as really both. No, its not a $280,000 Lambo, but it can compete on that level as far as performance goes. On the other hand its much more of an "exotic" than a Mustang, Camaro, etc. The Corvette really has no direct competitor other than the Viper which is still about 20k more IIRC. It's kind of in a league of its own. I had a '74 Stingray in high school so I'm definitely biased, but just my .02.

17. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

The vette has a pretty good ratio for performance and power to price. My dad has a c5 and i took that out a few times when he was gone, and man that thing is scary fast.

18. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I thought Z51 was a suspension/handling package. Z06 is the perf code.

Badass car thats for sure:bow: 505 HP and didn't they say in that article that it got high 20's for mileage too

19. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

From Car and Driver

From Chevrolet.com

Yeah i guess performance, but not really engine performance. More handling/suspension stuff.

There ya go Branndon:D

Last edited: Apr 26, 2006
  20. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i saw the first reply, but not the second. Thanks Brian!