Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

lining up doors...which bolts?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90K5, Feb 16, 2002.

1. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Allright, spent all night taking apart my truck to get to those hinge to body bolts, now I need to know which bolts I need to adjust to change what...does that make sense? My doors sag in the back, they are too far into the body at the top, and too far out at the bottom, and they need to be adjusted back a few mm's...also how do I get to the bolts for the upper hinges? There are 3...one that is easily accessible, and another one that is kind of behind the door, and another one that has the nut on the outside...anyone know? Thanks

90K5

2. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I tried aligning my doors once. It didn't work, the body was too twisted. I tried putting shims and that didn't help either.

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/chvyhs>WebShot Pics</a>
    It's a wheelbase thing, you wouldn't understand.

3. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

That nut has a bolt going through it from the inside. If you feel up under the dash about the same place you see the nut you will find a plug if it is still there, remove it and stick a socket on an extention to reach it and be carefull to not let the socket fall off. Front to back you should adjust on the post, in at the top and out at the bottom adjust on the door side. Sagging is an indication of a bad door pin, the piece that holds the two hindge pieces togeather, and most parts stores carry new pin and bushing sets. It is a pain to adjust doors so plan to be at it for awhile if you are not experianced and an extra set of hands is a good idea. Also you can use a floor jack with some wood to help hold it up. If you rebuild the hindge with new pins and bushings it is best to take the hindge out to do it.

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>

4. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Allright, I got it...turned out my passenger door was beyond help, so I bought some new bushings and put them in there...the drivers door lined up perfectly and closes perfectly...still have to put the pass side door on...also cleaned up the window tracks and sanded and painted areas where the old paint had rubbed off. Hopefully this will last a while...to anyone doing this, its not that bad, just reserve a day or weekend to do it.

90K5

5. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Damn, anyone wanna help me put the door on? Everyone is working...this sucks. I'll have someone come over tomorrow I guess...I still can't believe I got the drivers door so good...I'm gonna have to post some pics of it. Maybe I'm a little too proud of myself.

90K5