Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Link a 205 serial number to a frame serial number?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, May 31, 2005.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Is there any way to take the numbers off a 205 T-case, and prove that it came out of a specific truck if you have the original frame of the truck it came from? Or title even?

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

the # on the case is for the case not the vin# . but what do i know. you know its a 205 so pop the tag and spill grease on it and mash it in.:D

3. mountainexplorer

I know it's a 205... I'm in a situation where I need to prove that the T-case was in fact mine and came from me.

I have the frame to the truck still, and besides matching years, the only real hard evidence I could show would be if I could somehow prove that that 205 came from the truck and frame I have.

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

tag??

The "Tag" on the case should have a "build date" on it...I'm unsure if they ever stamped any of the VIN # anywhere on the T-case that match up with the frame #,so it might be difficult or impossible to determine what it actually used to be in from the factory...but the van they blew up at the world trade center they identified by the codes on the axle tubes(once they found them!),so there must be records and numbers for everything if you look long and hard enough!...If you had an FBI agent for a friend,that would be a big help!.. :crazy:

5. mountainexplorer

The 205 should have a tag from New Process, and the date code is listed after "Serial" and then there is an "Assembly" number. But since none of these are GM, I guess theres no real direct way to link the two together for certain.

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

someone taking your 205s? must be to help you clean up.:D