Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Link it up'...Check out our Link Tabs and Brackets....

Discussion in 'Vendor Forum' started by Gravel Maker, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Gravel Maker

Gravel Maker 1/2 ton status Vendor

Tabs and Brackets, they are big sellers here,maybe it is because they are all .25 thick and we have 7 different designs, the price is right too. And don't forget the CK510 :bow: discount code either, tatoo it on something! :eek1:
    The first item shown is our 0 degree 3.0" Axle Mount Link bracket, $30 a pair! Next we have a 0 degree 2.0" Tube Mount Link Bracket, $28 a pair. We make 9 different Link Brackets.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    And don't forget .375 Thick Link Tabs! Available in 1.75", 2.0", 3.0", & Flat bottomed, $4-4.50 each. Sets of 6 for $20!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Pretty close to unbreakable Link Suspension Tabs, .375" thick!

We are adding things a couple of times a week so think RuffStuff!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2006
  2. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

You got purdy stuf there.

3. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Where are the trusses your site promises?:D I am going to be linking my YJ soon and need a truss to mount links to on my 14 bolt ff.

4. Gravel Maker

Sorry guys, I will change the website.....

:doah: We should be done with the first model Friday, Monday at the latest. Prototypes can be tough. Much easier to make an all welded model, but that is not what we do on production models, bends are stronger than welds. This one has 6 bends in .375 A50 steel and the sequencing has been challenging to say the least but I think we have it now. We have also been doing some computer modeling on stress related failure properties, I am not an engineer but have brought one in that loves a good challenge and he has been dictating the direction of the final design. Torsional rigidity testing was interesting to say the least, anyway we are pretty sure these will be among the stiffest trusses available. I can't give you a price yet because I am not yet sure what they will cost us to make but they will be available in kit form or fully welded ASAP. Keep pushing us, it makes us better.

5. Gravel Maker

These don't look like tabs......

Tabs are those little 3/16" or 1/4" things, these are a full 3/8". Just a little too strong and bomber to be called such a weeny name like tabs, don't you think? All of out Brackets are a full 1/4" too, even our shock brackets.....

6. Gravel Maker

Spy pics on our Trusses......

Did someone say they wanted to see trusses?
    ............Final prototype............Look and I will explain the mechanics of it.......

[​IMG][​IMG]

This is the 14 Bolt model before we took a knife to it today. The "slots" in the sides were for internal crosswalls of steel that would have been welded in from the outside, the "engineer" explained mathmatically how if we made the sidewalls shorter we would not need them. So, they will go away. This "floor" of this model is not in place here so you can see the tolerances we are working with, this piece is .375" (3/8") thick and folding it in the right ways isn't easy. The "floor" will complete the box for the strength we were looking for. It is extremely strong as you see it, but the floor adds a ton of additional strength, strength used fighting the twisting motion of torque, your suspension needs to move, but only as you want it to.

Availability.............
    These will initially be available in 3 heights, 3.1", 4.2", & 5.3". They will be only for centered differentials initially, in about a month we will offer 1/2 units for offset on weldable housings and cutaway units for non weldable offset center sections. These are only meant to be welded to the tube, welded on all 4 sides, and not with your 135 either (think penetration).

[​IMG][​IMG]

These will only be available as kits in both .375 (rated to :eek1: 700hp) and .25 (rated to 475hp) so if you like to bring your Big Block and it likes to drink NOS think .375, otherwise .25 should have you covered. The 3.1 and 4.2 in .25 should be available next Thursday or Friday, the 4.2" & 5.3" in .375 should be available at the same time. Prices will be from $105 - 165 unwelded. Welded will not be an option due to insurance reasons.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2006
  7. Gravel Maker

Added Prices for all to see!

Now you can compare without going to our website, but you do have to go there to buy'em.

8. Gravel Maker

3 models of Truss available March 29th.....

Yes, I know we are late.....but we did want to get them right! And we don't just accept orders and then begin making them, first run of 40 each available next Wenesday.

9. Gravel Maker

Couple of new Link brackets tommorrow.....

New, more, faster!

10. Gravel Maker

Chassis end brackets.....

These are available now, they come with a ramp, either we weld it or you do.....They are also available as tabs, 3/8" as tabs, 1/4" as brackets. Bracket width is 2 5/8" for JJ's, Summit joints, ect....
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also have a couple of new Spring Hangers for 2.5" & 2.75" Springs....
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Always more on the way....Thanks for checking us out.....

11. Gravel Maker

New stuff Thursday and Friday....

Watch for it on the website....