Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Linkage Question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by HispanicPanic, Aug 8, 2001.

1. HispanicPanic

HispanicPanic 1/2 ton status

well a about 2 weeks ago i droped my t-case 2 inches and now i my shifter feels funny cuz i cant shift it manually into first gear my first gear is my second (its an automatic th350) what part of my linkage do i adjust? since im here i also have another ? i replaced the seal of my output shaft the one at the end of my T-case (np203) that holds the oil from comming out of my driveshaft yoke and the damn thing still leaks any sugg. on curing that thanx guys/gals

BEER-- one is none, two is half, and three is one.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://4x4.alloffroad.com>4x4.alloffroad.com</a>

2. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Tranny linkage. Look underneath your rig and you will see a rod that comes down from the column and is connected to the tranny by another rod (great descriptions huh [​IMG]), and you will see a doohicky with a set screw or bolt. Loosen the set screw and move the adjuster down the rod a little (may be a little tough if rusty). Tighten it and try it, adjust up or down as necessary to get the gear selector to correspond to the tranny selection.

As for the transfer case leak. Did you replace both seals? There is the outer seal that rides on the collar of the yoke (check for grooves and spedi-sleeve if needed. Also inside the yoke there is usually a seal (I think on that application, if I'm not ignore this last comment). If it's new (or can't find one) and won't completely seal. Clean the inside of the yoke good with brake clean and then put high temp silicone in the bottom (Important: just enough to cover the bottom) and let setup. Reinstall and you should be good to go.

If you didn't build it yourself, how can you call it yours.......?

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Why did you drop your t-case 2 inches? Seems like alot..... You are probably binding the linkage and throwing off your indicator. If I remember correctly, i think there is a rod that comes down from the shifter(that comes out of the firewall) and then slide connect(via a connector with a bolt in it).. Tyr slliding the rod one way or the other to reallign your indicator.

Mike

<font color=green>"It's like a sore dick deal, You cant beat it!"</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>

4. HispanicPanic

HispanicPanic 1/2 ton status

the reason i droped it 2 inches is cuz i have a 7 inch lift and my driveshaft was vibrating the crap out of me as far as the rod that you adjust ive done that and still no cigar
    Leadfoot- the seal is new and it is the one that rides on the collar of the yoke so i guess i'll take it off and clean and silicone like you said thanx
    BEER-- one is none, two is half, and three is one.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://4x4.alloffroad.com>4x4.alloffroad.com</a>
    <P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by HispanicPanic on 08/08/01 01:37 PM.</FONT></P>