Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

linking the front?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by muddybuddy, Sep 7, 2006.

1. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

just curious if anyone has done 3 link or 4 link in a fullsize up front, and opinions on it. i know sled dog is doin an s10 blazer, but im curious bout on a fullsize. i remember reading a tech article on it a while ago, but lookin for more info. thanks

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Watson's rig was linked up front for TTC. That'd be a good place to start! I've always thought linking the front (first) made more sense than linking the rear. I guess it depends which is more important, approach angle or departure. Anyway, I'll be following this thread... Im interested too!

j

3. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I'm pretty sure Greg72 is, and willyswanter. Those are the only ones I can think of right now. I was debating linking f&r but with 52's or 56's up front and 63's in the rear, there really is no reason to. Plus then you dont have to buy very expensive shocks or coilovers

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I've got it planned, but not built....

Linking the front is a LOT harder than the rear (which is probably why you don't see it as often)

Oil pan clearance is a concern with the links
    Tire interference with links (when turning) is a concern
    Finding a location for a crossmember to hold the frame-side links is tough
    Building the structures to hold the coilovers isn't trivial either.

It's definitely possible, but I've only seen a couple on a full-size ever. JuanBlazer has one, and Watson has the other. Willyswanter has one too now that I think about it....

5. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

ive already got 64's in the rear so i want to keep those, and i was plannin on doin 56's up front. then a heep friend was talkin to me and mentioned linking the front instead of longer leafs. i saw the technical article with the yellow k5 with coilovers upfront...it looks sweet, and flex's really well. thought i would explorer the option