Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

list of parts needed???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by twoslo4five0, Jan 25, 2007.

1. twoslo4five0

twoslo4five0 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

im about to do a hydro 465/205 conversion in my blazer.im doing some trading around with k30bb468...he is givinig me just about everything i need i think...i know i need a flywheel,and a bellhousing...i know there are people who have done the conversion before...i have serched and not found a list of parts and hardware i need to gather for the conversion...does someone have a list of the parts and hardware needed,were to get it(junkyard only,auto zone,or any other place)and the expected prices on such stuff...he is trading me a mallory iginition,a 5 inch tach and 2 38 inch tsls in exchange for all the dana 44 8 lug stuff,and the tranny and transfer case (that does already have a slip yoke eliminater) and im giving him $250...i dont know the market value on this stuff is this a fair deal...he says he usually sells just the hyro stuff for 350 then the tranny and trans is extra....gimme some input...here are the pics he sent me iff this helps any...

Hydro_Bellhousing_Small_.jpg

Hydro_clutch__Small_.JPG

Hydro_Pedals__Small_.jpg

10SPL_SM465_NP205_II__Small_.jpg

2. twoslo4five0

no one gonna help me here???

3. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

hold on!

4. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

Sounds good if you don't take it i will. Your getting the pedals right? what about the slave and master? you need both. You need a clutch kit and flywheel. What year motor you running? two or one peice rear seal? what trans is in your truck now?

5. twoslo4five0

yes im getting the pedals...everything that is in the pic...and yes i'm getting the slave and master....i need a cluch kit i will prolly buy a cenerforce or someone elce chime in on a good one..not sure in the motor...its a 290hp crate motor with a 2 piece rear main seal now...it had a 700 hooked to it...but i was gonna run a 350 before i made this decision..

6. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

well thats an older 465 and you were running a 700 so you'll prob need drive shafts. and a older flywheel. also prob. gotta move your cross member. 290 hp crate v8?

7. twoslo4five0

yeah i can get drive shafts not a prob...i gotta get a flywheel...i bought ine for my 400 before and it was like 50 bucks new are they more expensive for a manual???will my same starer work...he is gonna give me a crossmember but i gotta get the bushings...im just trying to fiqure out what elce im gonna need...i need a clutch kit,fly wheel,belhousing,and the bushing i think thats it but im not sure...

8. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

Did you say you need bellhousing?:eek1:

9. twoslo4five0

yep..why???

10. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

starter will work. all fluids. manual shift steering colum. trying to remember what i needed. i think you should be good. unless you need a bellhousing

11. skyyk5

skyyk5 1/2 ton status

thats harder to find. people want $100 and up for a bare one. i though you where getting it with it. but start looking for one. i was going to conver a linkage type to a hydro, since i grapped the last two hydro's already out of the local yards.