Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LIST YOUR FAVORITE ORV PARK IN THE MIDWEST!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by KRAZIE87K5, Apr 16, 2003.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

I'm looking to schedule an summer run SOMEWHERE in the Midwest! Only problem is, I've only been to a few select places... and I'd like to get out to something new.

I like the Badlands, I like Disney, I like the Hot Springs, ORV park too. I'm thinking about Tellico, or something else similar. I TOTALLY LOVED the rocks in Hot Springs, and I am looking for a similar type of park. Lets keep this one inside of 12 hours of Chicago! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Any ideas?

-Dan

2. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

I like Disney, close, free bed, know the area.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. KRAZIE87K5

The real key here is that I am looking for a park I haven't been to yet... and if I could catch some rocks there too, that would be a saweet bonus! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Nothing wrong with Disney... besides, can you get out there around mid-June? Will the dam be open then?

-Dan

4. Klink K5

Klink K5 1/2 ton status

They usuall have a big 4x4 run in Knoxville Iowa around labor day. thats all I know about it. Knoxville is about 5 1/2 Hrs from Chicago. No rocks though(I think)/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Knoxville is great. They have plenty of rocks, its an old coal mine area. Lots of rocks and a rock garden! (its smaller than the one in attica and no sand flats.) There is going to be a run next weekend and the charge is a small donation for the death of a member, like 10-20 bucks and you can camp/wheel all weekend. I have talked to people who wheeled attica and the knoxville trails are comparable but knoxvliie has these huge mounds of spoil that you can go wheeling on!!

6. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

7. KRAZIE87K5

Agreed, and neither have I! Are we going to go there on Memorial weekend, and then AGAIN for the summer run? Is that the idea? Hrmmm... I'd think we could come up with more ideas than 3 or 4 parks.

-Dan

8. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

It should not be, unless there is a ton of rain around that time. in Aug they try to lower the the water (http://www.grda.com/water/linfo.html), that is when they try to sead the water line.

9. Mudzer

We can go anywhere you want Man! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

How about Potosi again and this time Ill show you some decent stuff! Or, is there any parks in Illinois? Even south?

10. Mudzer

Im not opposed to Iowa either. Sounds like a cool place.

11. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

My favorite wheeling place is just to the west of the midwest. We call it "Colorado"! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

i like montana's out in willo brook in dupage country /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

13. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    We can go anywhere you want Man! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

How about Potosi again and this time Ill show you some decent stuff! Or, is there any parks in Illinois? Even south?

[/ QUOTE ]

IL is dead.. at least central and northern anyways, i think theres a few rocks in southern most bit of IL, otherwise its flat and cornfields
    95% all 4x4's around hjere are street driven only, theres not a very big number of 4x4s around here for that reason. im hoping on this 83 k20 in the ext couple of days that I am dealing with owner on, it is really begging for 6" and some big tires, after 350 repair or replacement of course. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif