Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Listen to this...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Blazer1AB, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Blazer1AB

Blazer1AB Registered Member

Okay, so I have been looking at buying this 85 K-5 that I found for a really good price. Not to mention that it has a brand new Jasper motor and a TH350 instead of the damned 700R4 and a very minimal amount of rust. I've been trying to set up a time to go look at this and the day that I was supposed to look at it, the thing wouldn't start after he had just moved it the night before. So I hadn't really wanted to make a wasted trip to go look at it when it wasn't even running- so the guy has been trying to get it going and could not figure it out. He just called me a little while ago and said that the tilt steering must have pinched some wires and when he moved the wheel and tried to start it, the thing fired right up. Im happy now, hopefully I'll be the proud owner of a Blazer soon! :saweet:

2. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

cool.

my buddys dads blazer did that, he couldnt get it started one day then he moved the wheel down and it fired up, took it apart and a brown wire was all chafed

3. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

i have 2 stories of that...
    1 was a 79 gmc 3/4t long bed 4x4 if you tilted the wheel all the way down it would engage the starter i could actualy turn on the key and start the truck that way
    2 was my 91 chevy 2500 long bed 4x4. didnt realy have to do with the tilt it was the cruize control wires. i was driveing along and had to turn left so at about 35-40mph i pushed the turn signal lever down and GOOD GOD my truck took offit was accelerating quite rapidly because i had already down shifted to 3rd (sm465) it scared the crap out of me.

my 91 s10 had frayed wires for the cruise control as well so i basicaly rewired it to 1 small toggle and 2 small temp. buttons. i could get pictures and wire colors if anyone would like to know how to change it for a custom look or in my case i didnt want to pay for the whole new lever/switch i belive it was $65
    and i already had a non-cruise turn lever

balzer