Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LISTEN TO YOUR FELLOW CK5'r!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BorregoK5, Oct 6, 2001.

1. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

LISTEN TO YOUR FELLOW CK5\'r!!!

First off, I have to thank Grim-Reaper for initially diagnosing the problem even though I didn't find it at first. The problem was with my np203 suddenly making noise, a kind of ticking/popping sound only when the front hubs were locked and showed up after taking some hefty inclined hills. Not only did he hit the nail on the head that I had a part time kit(which turned out to have been there whe I bought it) but nailed that it was most likely the cv-joint. I missed the bad cv-joint even though I'd tugged on it every which way but loose with both the running gear locked and in nuetral. I had just recently installed or inspected the new u-joints on the front driveshaft and didn't spend as much time as I should have. Well, tonight after tearing down my np203 and finding nothing but a slightly loose chain, while throwing it back together... the cv-joint hit the majic spot where it became evident. As it turned out, since my 4" lift put such an angle on the cv-joint and I had repaired it from finding it under the seat with a broken u-joint when I bought the truck last month, that the flange holding the u-joint at the cv had pinched itself under load and spread apart about 1/8 inch allowing my u-joint to slip side to side. But for some reason it would never do it untill it was at just the right angle. On the positive side, I have a firm understanding of how my transfer case works now.

MORAL: Listen to your fellow CK5'r, he just might know what the hell he's talking about! Thanks again!

"I'm looking for a Dana60 Front Axle.." I asked, "You wish! HAHA" the wrecker replied! - <a target="_blank" href=http://www.echobit.com:81/k5/> Pictures</a>

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Re: LISTEN TO YOUR FELLOW CK5\'r!!!

Grimmy is pretty hard to beat on 203 advice...[​IMG] and this board is pretty hard to beat for the rest of it.

At least you now know what the inside of a 203 looks like.[​IMG]

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

3. HispanicPanic

HispanicPanic 1/2 ton status

i hear you i've been here almost since it started the thing is ive lost my password and have changed names from jimjim,elpasotx, to hell i dont remember, hell i drove from el paso tx to colorado with some friends just for the first ColoradoK5 run granted no one knew who i was cuz of all the name changes but hey alote of the old school guys here that ive had the pleasure of chating with know what they are talking about i like to think i also give advice when i can but alote of times someone beats me to it.

<font color=purple>I put the Panic in Hispanic</font color=purple>[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://4x4.alloffroad.com>4x4.alloffroad.com</a>

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Yeah, Grim might not let us have much fun around here[​IMG], but if I'm having problems with the truck there's a couple of guys who I hope answer and Grimmy is one of them.

<font color=blue> WE WILL NEVER SURRENDER<font color=blue>

5. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> This is the best site on the World Wide Web ! Hands Down ! I wish I would have kept track of all the money it's saved me since I've been here ! I wouldn't have tried to tackle the rear floor replacement if it weren't for the help and information I got here ! Not to mention the other things I've done for the first time like an engine swap. I feel it's the comraderie of the people here that makes me come back every day at least twice a day ! I'd like to thank tRusty, Itali83, EagleK5, CanmoreK5, Capt Crunch, Grimmy, Steve, Mudhog, Emettology101, Donna, Wayne, Steph, Wes ............EVERYBODY !!!! I hope you're not offended if you're name isn't mentioned here but you know who you are and I appreciate the info, laughter, tears, struggles, etc we've All been through together ! I hope I don't come off as sappy but I Love You Guys/ Gals !!!!!

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> BOW CHICKA BOW WOW !

6. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> I would like to give a special thanks to Steve himself for having the vision and knowledge to start this site for all of us and always trying to gives us more and keep things going in the right direction ! We owe him a big round of applause !

CLAP - CLAP - CLAP - CLAP - CLAP - CLAP - CLAP - CLAP !!

THANKS STEVE !!

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> BOW CHICKA BOW WOW !

7. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

You're right :)

-For Steve:
    CLAP - CLAP - CLAP - CLAP - CLAP - CLAP - CLAP - CLAP !!

-Aaron

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com

8. Tatman

Tatman Registered Member

Well... as a newbie here, and my K5 being my first 4x4 (which I've had for 5 years now) I have learned tons of info just from going thru the messages each of you post. Other than the initial "geting it on the road", I have now just begun to really do something with it, and like most of us, on a very strict budget. I'm a "do-it-yourselfer" and if I can fabricate my own to save money........

I have to admit, this is the best BlazerK5 site I have found and suddenly realize I haven't been back to the other sites since I got here.

Though not as hardcore off-roaders as some of you (don't have mountains in Indiana, and I hate heights anyway) we have our share of mud and snow and am an avid hunter.

This is my winter vehicle and an occasional romp in a field. I'm looking to make the mods to serve my needs, and I have a ways to go so you'll see me in here often. As soon as business picks back up, count on me becoming a full fledged member of ColoradoK5.

Applause to Steve, and thanks to those of you who have helped me so far, and those who will in the future. and maybe you'll see me at one of those runs one of these days.

www.saddletramps.com/BlazerK5.htm