Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Little Clock In Guage Cluster

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Drey, May 30, 2005.

1. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Ever Present Dead Batterys, I let my truck sit alot, since I have my blazer for a daily driver 70 miles away, but when I come home My batterys are almost always dead, I think its from that little clock in the dash, is their anyway to disconnect it. That or I have a short somewhere.

2. jhellwig

jhellwig 1/2 ton status

Do you also have a didgital radio that has a memory? Those tend to run down batteries also.

My clock doesn't work so I don't have to worry about it.

If it sits alot just fire it up everyweek and let it get warm. That will charge the battery and it's good for the motor.

3. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

My clock works sometimes, and other times it doesnt. I also have a Pioneer Mosfet CD Player In it, I bet that is what is running it down so bad, I never thought of that, Ill just pull the power wire on that from now on, Thanks

4. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

You might have something else drawing it down. My K5 will sit for two months or more and I have never had dead batteries. It fires right up.

5. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

yep I agree. I've always had clocks and stereos with memories. No probs on long sits.