Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Little help with finding this Chassis Component---

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5thatShmobs, Mar 28, 2003.

1. K5thatShmobs

K5thatShmobs 1/2 ton status

Im looking for a couple clevis ends like the one in this picture below. This particular one is from competition engineering, but they dont have the size I need. Any help?

[​IMG]

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> www.mcmaster.com Give me a few minutes and I'll get you a link to the page they're on.

*EDIT*

OK, just type "clevis" in the search box and it will take you right to page 1047, that's where they are. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif</font>

3. K5thatShmobs

Thanks a bunch Shaggy that site is sweet. The only problem is, with all the clevises that they do have, they dont have threaded shank like the picture above... they only have threads on the inside of the shank so you can thread a bolt to it. I dont think this would work my application though. Ill keep looking around.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> What are you making? You could get a piece of threaded rod to connect the female clevis to whatever it's beign attached to. Tell me what dimensions it needs to be, I'll look around.

If worst comes to worst, you could get the blank ends on page 1047 and then go to 1046 to get it's counterpart in a male threaded version.</font>

5. K5thatShmobs

Yeah I thought of the same thing Shaggy-- The only problem is, no one seems to carry a 1/2"-20 (fine) threaded stud. It only needs to be about 3 inches long (full thread or two end-threaded). Thanks for the help.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Duuuude, McMaster has it all! Go to the fastener section on the main page, choose "threaded rod and studs", then "threaded rod". Choose your thread size, they do have the 1/2"x20, and it gives you some choices for material. So long as you don't need super high strength stuff then it should work fine. just cut it to length and you're good to go. 2' of xinc plated steel is 2 bucks, stainless is 6 bucks. Cheap! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif</font>

7. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status