Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Little Online Racing Action

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Tonight was the truck race. Michigan International Raceway. Ran it Sunday night, Aero 88 mod. Trucks have the same setup and the physics are about the same.

This little incident happened on Lap 48. How the hell I missed this guy I'll never know. He got bumped down at the bottom and slid right across my nose. We didn't touch, but damn it was close.

Options were very limited. I was already off the gas going into the turn, so I touched the brakes oh so lightly. Too much, truck gets way loose and round we go. I slid by and twenty laps later, I crossed the finish line in 7th.

By the way, ain't black beautiful?????????????

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I may run into sponsor trouble though. I was enjoying the fresh, cold taste of some Canadian Lager during the race.:D

2. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

what is the site you race at?

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

SMO

That's where I'm probably gonna call home for awhile.

The first league that I joined has imploded in the last few weeks and there is an offshoot that just started. They have way more drama than necessary going on right now and the racing action just really sucks for the most part. Between some real crappy officiating over the last couple of months and allowing crapass drivers to take out half the field, I just race there to race when I feel like it and sitting in wait for a little revenge.......................:D

SMO though is way different. Hard racing and although there seems to be about as many wrecks, the atmosphere is really awesome and everyone is laid back. Plus there are a couple of series that I should be able to challenge for the title, which was hard with the other league because of their driving rating system, I was only allowed to race a couple of series and between my work schedule and the crapass driving allowed, it really wasn't fun. Of course after last night's little stunt through the grass, they probably don't like me much. We were racing Texas and I qualified 7th and at the start of the race, I got such a good jump that I rocketed past everyone, but I had some guy dive to the bottom on me and instead of letting up, I just took the truck off into the grass and slid into 2nd no problems. There was some chat on TS about it and I don't think they liked it much. Oh well, I took the lead about two laps in, but kept on hitting a bad spot going into a turn and spun and just gave up since it wasn't for points anyway.

Tonight I'm racing the Aero88 mod at Tally. A guy there was able to update the track to this year's update with the repaving and all. Most of the series I race run a fix setup and for the most part, they are pretty good, it makes people figure the track out, but Tally's setup absolutely sucks ass. I have to the fight the wheel through the turns the whole time. Tonight is just a race of survival and either maintaining my spot in points or moving up, I won't be going for the win unless I'm sitting in a nice spot.

Those pics are from Michigan. I was keeping the truck in the Top 5 the whole night and we had a restart with about 4 to go and was looking to try and win, but I got passed by a couple of trucks on the restart and since the fast way around was on the bottom, I got pushed to the top and ended up finishing 7th, which was okay since it moved me up in the points after the first race debacle.