Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LMC and JCW bed floor repair panels ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by pcorssmit, Mar 5, 2002.

1. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

Do the LMC and/or JC Whitney bed floor repair panels come with the cross members (not the tailpan) and the latches (below the floor) for the seat? What about the holes for the seat belts? Need to get my junk ready for Moab.

Pete

2. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

im not sure, but i dont believe they do. i bought complete floor replacement front to back from jcw and when i stopped into check on my blazer at the bodyshop, i think the latches where cut out and rewelded in, or they are removeable and replaceable in the new metal. i believe you have to buy all the cross members seperately. it ran a good hunk of money, but it was worth it. i remember alot of the rust stops that had to be replaced , nobody makes replacement parts for , so they had to be hand fabbed up. hope this helps.

3. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

Yeah, my suspicion is that they don't. The front part of mine isn't too bad, but the rear is gone. I may just buy the two rear pieces and one of the little filler pieces from JCW, and spot-patch the front.

Pete

4. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

Any body have a strong preference for either the LMC or JCW ones? After looking at the truck more, the front part isn't in too bad of a shape, and I plan to order the LMC ones in the AM (apparantly only their fax # works 24 hrs), mainly because they are a few inches longer than the JCW's, and I need the extra few inches in a couple spots.

Pete

5. sb7979

sb7979 Registered Member

If you buy just the small repair panels, niether one has the supports with it. LMC sells a whole complete replacement bed floor for a pickup, not sure how much different it is, which has the supports on it. It's like $400 or something.

6. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

Thanks, I ordered the LMC ones this morning. Just got the rear two parts, I think I can reuse the crossmembers, may have to fab one though. Will have to make some new backup plates for the mid-bed body mounts, should be easy though. The front part is really is pretty decent shape (like under the seat), the rear was rusted through but the front still has paint on both sides. I think it helped having leaky mufflers pumping 6.2 soot on it. Nice protective layer.

Pete