Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LMC Exhaust???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tsquared275, Jun 15, 2006.

1. tsquared275

tsquared275 Registered Member

Does anyone out there run a LMC dual exhaust on their blazer? I know that it's really cheap and I think uses name brand mufflers. Someone please clarify and if you are using one, tell me what you think. Thanks!

2. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

3. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

LMC exhaust system

I have it on mine (true duals) and they have a great throaty sound. I got the turbo mufflers (the more expensive mufflers). The tail pipe ends where they come out the sides are a little short but I added chrome tips.

I feel they are good and they looked as good as what Murray's sells. Would I buy again. :waytogo: :waytogo: HELL YES!

I say do it and buy the turbo mufflers you will like it. Did I forget to say no catalytic converters???

Last edited: Jun 15, 2006
  4. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I'll try to get sound clips or video of me reving it tomorrow ;)

5. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I was looking at that system just last night. $129 IIRC. I'm assuming this system is made to just bolt up to the manifolds. If this is the case and you swap to headers will the system still bolt up or would the headers require a totally different setup. (I have never done this before).

6. Cornfield creations

Cornfield creations 1/2 ton status

My buddy put a kit on his 79, because we don't take the convertors off at our shop. He bought it, put it on, and we ended taking parts off and readjusting with the bender trying to get it to fit better. Yeah the tail pipes came up short and hang down lower, like they did from factory. He wasn't too happy with the system himself, but it got the cat off and thats all he cared about.

7. blackblazer717

blackblazer717 1/2 ton status

when you put headers on, and you have the system for true duels, but they go to the stock manifolds, just put your headers on than cut the difference off the exhaust to meet the collector of the headers. clamp or weld, your all done!!!!
    LUKE

8. tsquared275

Thanks. Sounds like a good exhaust. Only one problem (maybe) that i just realized. It says in the catalog that it only fits like the 70s blazers. I have an 84. Are they really that different, or is it just 'cause of the cat? What i'm trying to say is will this exhaust system fit on my 84 blazer? Thanks.

9. Metrodps

*They have to say that for emissions. I put it on a 1987 350 Blazer and had no problems of bending anything we did have to cut the pipes a little in length at first joint as these are for a long bed truck. As I said I love them and I am keeping my truck STOCK except for the rear bumper. I have spent 25 years of my life trying to please a perfectionist (my father) and they even liked it.

My mechanic installed them at his shop and wasn't worried about the no converts. I guess that shows me he is a REAL friend to do it at his business.

Tsquared you won't regret it I owned a Harley and that low throaty sound they have when they are stock is about the rumble it gives.

*OH yea the reason I knew that, I put true duals on a 1980 Camaro Z 28 and used the pipes for a 1974 Camaro. We looked at pics of pipes in book and they had same shape just different pipes. So we got the front pipes and bam! True duals.*

10. tsquared275

Thanks metrodps! I can't wait to order one up and give my 350 the growl it deserves! Thanks to everyone else too!!!

11. Metrodps

Not a problem T we all are in this together. Hope to see ya at the east coast get together in PA in July 2007. Have some nice things coming together just got email from BF Goodrich.