Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LMC Kick Panel Speakers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by skink4president, Nov 8, 2005.

1. skink4president

skink4president Registered Member

Anyone use these things? I've got a '73 K5 and would like to add front speakers and was looking at these but they're kinda expensive ($159!) and I'd like to know if they're worth the money.

Any other front speaker options without tearing into the sheet metal?

2. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Other than making your own, fiberglass, wood, there is no other option that I know of. Watch out for the ebrake lever. It can come into contact with anything you put in the drivers side kick area. The smaller the speaker, the less it will stick out. With the assumption that you just want some tunes and are not going for extreme sound quality, you can actually mount speakers facing down from the dash and have tweters in the stock dash speaker location.

3. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
  4. skink4president

skink4president Registered Member

Thanks. I've got a place here in town that can do custom fiberglass kick panels. Before I dropped that money I wanted to check on the LMC speakers.

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I rode in a K5 with kick panel speakers a few years ago. The damn things get in the way every time that you get in or out of the truck. The grilles also tend to get kicked off quite easily.

Bottom line: They look like a good idea but they aren't. :(

6. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Look in the lower left corner of this pic and you can see how i mounted mine. They just mounted in a 4" dia hole i drilled in there. Simple and effective. Not in the way of anything either....
    Need more pics just ask.
    [​IMG]

7. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

i dunno about LMC, but i bought some from Q-Form or something, or maybe that's just what they're called... anywho, they are very good for sound quality, i mean they really worked well for me, and i dont really see how they're that much of a bother getting in and out of the truck, maybe a bump now and then, and yeah the screens get knocked off sometimes, one screen of mine was torn up on a camping trip in a drunken stuper, but i like em.. but they are VERY expensive, go with home-made if i were you, unless you really want the clean look/soung.. the angle of them points the sound at you, more effective than what you think..