Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LMC "MIP" floor mat

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BKinzey, Aug 8, 2006.

1. BKinzey

BKinzey 1/2 ton status

Molded Industrial Polyvinyl Floor Mat.

Anybody have one? LMC says it will outlast the rubber ones and I am looking for reccommendations on this or any other brand for that matter. I'm putting sound deadner / insulation underneath it.

So if anybody has taken the vinyl or rubber route I'd like to know some opinions.

Thanks.

2. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

If you get it let me know.

3. tbill

tbill Registered Member

I have the LMC MIP, and it is great. The only advise I would pass on is lay it out on a clean dry driveway for a few hours in the hot sun. It is very heavy material and difficult to handle when cool. Heat it up and it will lay right down and look like a factory installation.

4. sarasotausmc

sarasotausmc 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Have you had any problems with moisture, rust underneath it? What do you have underneath it?

5. tbill

tbill Registered Member

It came with a insulating pad that went under the front floors. I haven't had any moisture problems yet, it hasn't rained here in a long time! I don't get in much water at all anyway. My Blazer didn't know what rain was till I bought it and shipped it to Texas. Here at home, you can't find a Blazer that doesn't have rust. I bought mine in Armagosa Valley, Nevada and it had absolutely no rust at all. This Blazer had spent it's whole life in the desert, from Yuma to Indian Springs. I took the carpets out and not even any surface rust. None, no where!