Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LMC needs some people that know what the FARFANUGin they are doing....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LKJR, Feb 8, 2002.

1. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Geez, call up LMC to order some bolts for the hard top since mine are rusted all to hell, well lady asks what it's for, '71 Blazer, "sir, our blazer catalog starts at '73" [impatience starts] so I kindly state that blazers were manufactured starting in '69 and there should be a page or two in the truck catalog dealing with the blazer. Well she asks again what part I need, so I tell her I need the bolts that go thru the bedrail and hold a double wall top down, "sir I don't know, we have a lot of bolts" I had to contain myself on that one, about the dumbest remark I"ve ever heard. Well I put in another catalog request so maybe I can find the friggin part myself or find it elsewhere, anyone have a part number or somewhere to order these?

Like em big and topless
    You call THAT...a 4x4....LMAO?

2. Glock Girl

Glock Girl Registered Member

I just thumbed through the catalog quick and I didn't see the bolts in there. If it makes you feel better right on the front of the catalog in big white letters is plainly says "Chevrolet truck and Blazer 67-72"

Shelby
    88 K5

3. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I wouldn't have been able to contain myself. I woulda spouted off, "Ya...it seems like the bolts are the ones answerin the phones nowadays..." or somptin. I'm not good at keeping my mouth shut [​IMG]

<font color=green>Can't sleep...the clown will get me</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

4. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

Thanks Lara, got a laugh out of me there, on 3 hrs sleep I needed it. yea she stated that too, I"m looking at the catalog right now, if it says that on the front then ya'd know, duh.... contained myself cause she just worked there probably making $5 hr and commission and dosen't know a damn thing about trucks. o well, it's just bolts I'm sure I can get them somewhere

Like em big and topless
    You call THAT...a 4x4....LMAO?

5. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

apparently lmc contracted out the phone answering service to another company.. those people dont work for lmc they JUST take orders, probably for a lot of different companies.. cant expect them to know every part for your blazer. Thats why they have detailed catalogs so you can find your own parts.

sure it would be nice to have certified techs answering the phones but in the end that would just mean higher prices

mike