Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LMC not using Vaseline and giving it to me hard.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by thedrip, Mar 4, 2006.

1. thedrip

thedrip 1/2 ton status

I placed an order on their website last friday (feb 24). Since I live in Hawaii, I usually pay the extra for 2nd day air, so my stuff gets here in a week. Week goes by, I see nothing from LMC. Check my statues, "HOLD - CUSTOMER SERVICE CALLING". My order has been put on hold for a week, customer service never called once (they have my cell phone). So finally I call up LMC this morning. They're very sorry, they've been swamped. There is no record of customer service having even attempted a call to me. So my order, which I paid over $50 in shipping on, has been on hold for a WEEK, and no ones tried to contact me about it.

To top it all off, customer service doesn't work weekends, and I have to call back monday if I want anything beyond "We're sorry, we've been swamped". So I paid $50 for 2 day shipping, it will be 10+ days until my stuff is shipped. I think I'm entitled to SOME credit somewhere, but they aren't allowed to do that, I have to call monday.

Great customer service, if you like a roughcut 2x4 shoved up your...

2. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

ask if they'll comp shipping since they gave you bad service

3. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Well the thing about shipping with any company, is that when you pay for faster shipping, that has nothing to do with how long it will take to actually be shipped by the company. Once it does ship it will only take "x" days to get to you.

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I don't feel bad for you.You live in Hawaii :p:

They should atleast give you a break on the shipping. I've learned through my years the nicer you are to the company they will help you out. Never had a problem with LMC.

5. thedrip

thedrip 1/2 ton status

Thats part of the problem, no one there on weekends is allowed to authorize that, I have to call back, during normal business hours, on monday. How convenient.

LMC has been great to me my last 12 orders or so, but I was always on the mainland. I think the website miscalculated the shipping charge, and they wanted to contact me to see if it was alright, problem is, they took over a week to do it (A week was yesterday), and never even tried to call in all that time.

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

that seems silly for a company that big to not have anyone able to make a management decision on weekends.:rolleyes:

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I ran intothe same problem with them regarding weekend credit.

One thing I will say though, is that they were never unreasonable, and seemed willing to do anything it took (that they were capable of) to make me happy. I wouldn't *expect* some sort of credit (I mean the stuff hasn't shipped, so they haven't had to pay the charge, how can they not change it?) but I wouldn't be surprised if they work with you.

But typically, your "lost time" is never covered by anyone, which is what I get out of your first post.

8. BadBob

BadBob 1/2 ton status

I know *someone* is there most weekends. I usually head in there on saturday and pick stuff up from the counter.

9. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

The only time you will easily be reimbursed for fast shipping delays is if the company offered a rush processing. For instance some companies offer a rush shipping offer for like $10 extra that says your order will be processed and shipped the next day. If you get that and 2 day air and there are delays then the company will comp your shipping.

Of course a stand up company would credit you something if a delay in shipping was their fault, but they aren't required to.