Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LMC or Chevy Duty - opinions wanted

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tarussell, Jul 23, 2003.

1. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

I am wanting opinions ( good or bad ) on which company to get some parts from . I have seen poorly made parts ( fit/finish ) and some good parts from these company's. I am getting some interior parts and wondering if anyone has any words of wisdom before I spend my money .
    Thanks in advance , Tom

2. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

LMC seems to have more stuff, however I like using Chevy Duty better. They are nice to deal with, for example I ordered the aluminum trim panel for the top of the door panels. The glue wore off and it started to peel back. I called and she said sure send it back, weve had a problem with those and we are working with the supplier to solve the problem. (It was original GM part) Hey if nothing else, their catalog is color /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

3. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

For real the catalog is nicer.

4. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    For real the catalog is nicer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm...huh? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

5. pfloydmaster

pfloydmaster 1/2 ton status

I've dealt with both and both have good parts. I have no complaints for either one. Everything I have ordered have been exactly what I needed and they fit well. (But the Chevy Duty color catalog is cool! lol) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

Just received my first order from LMC. Got the parts 6 days after ordering. That inclueds the weekend. Parts arrived in good condition and fit perfect. Probably will use them to get all the oem parts I'm gonna replace.

7. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I've used LMC extensively and have had no problems with either the quality, price, or speed. I haven't used Chevy Duty yet, but plan on buying some parts from them soon.

8. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I've used LMC extensively and have had no problems with either the quality, price, or speed. I haven't used Chevy Duty yet, but plan on buying some parts from them soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto for me....

9. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

My opinion of LMC is, depending on how you want it to look/fit, get GM if you want it right, and it's still available.

Yes, in some cases you will pay more, sometimes too much more, but things like seals are not something you want to deal with all the time. For instance the LMC rear gate window U channel seal is a POS, made incorrectly in about as many ways as possible.

I'd rather throw more money at a good piece, than a lesser amount of money at a piece of junk.

Pure speculation, but I bet neither of them uses stuff that has to meet any better quality control than fitting in a box to get it across the ocean.

10. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I've ordered a couple things from LMC and was not at all pleased with the quality. The hood brace kits they sell can be bent by hand. Tell me how that's going to hold up to 30 year old hood springs.

11. Blazn88

Blazn88 Registered Member

I've never bought from Chevy Duty, but I have bought a schnike load from LMC...I haven't had any problems at all with them, and they are fast at getting me the product... /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

12. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

chevy duty /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif i ordered some lenses from them, one of them was broken. they sent me a whole new "set", even the ones that were not broken.
    I've also ordered from LMC, their rubber body mounts suck. i havnt even used them and they are rotted already.

ARQ.

13. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

chevy duty. ordered tons of stuff from them with great service. The website helps alot also. Lmc is lacking there.

14. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

Lmc is 1/2 & 1/2 on good and bad I second there hood straps they suck I live 10 min. up the road so I can look before I buy so I am lucky I don't get it in the mail then see its crap I can pass right there and not get it. There gas tank straps were great worked just like factory, I got the wrong ones first I measured wrong I bent them up but they still traded them out for the right ones no Q's. Yes there web site is Sh!t. Never got anything from the other pace yet.

15. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I live 10 min. up the road so I can look before I buy so I am lucky

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice!

Next time you are there, ask them what the hell they did with the factory u-channel topper seal sample I paid to send them, so they could correct the sorry excuse for a seal they were selling.

You can also ask them if they are still pawning that POS Thailand-made seal off on everyone that orders it.

I wasn't mad that it was a piece of crap (I knew it was aftermarket, so I expected the worst) but when you talk to them on the phone, are told that quality assurance would love to get a piece of the stock seal and clips so they could make sure there part is made correctly, then send it off and hear nothing, you might be a little bitter. They were great on the phone, but I seriously doubt the seal has changed. If it has, they didn't tell me.

16. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    but when you talk to them on the phone, are told that quality assurance would love to get a piece of the stock seal and clips so they could make sure there part is made correctly, then send it off and hear nothing, you might be a little bitter. They were great on the phone, but I seriously doubt the seal has changed.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guys on the phone try but the guys in the back that do the processing are morons. I picked up my new wheel studs and the computer said they had enough but he found all but 2 so I told him to look under the shelf. He almost said F-no but caught himself the counter guy said please go do it. He came back with the other 2, so they are helpful on the phone and in person.

17. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

Thanks for all the reply's and opinion's . I think that I will give Chevy Duty a try . Tom

18. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

JC Whitney is the same way. I live near them. I wish I had JEG's by me!

I hate LMC. Their phone people are idiots.