Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LMC parts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by m4, Feb 19, 2005.

1. m4

m4 1/2 ton status

Anybody use front end parts from LMC ? Not sure if I want to install Taiwan parts.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

IF you talking sheet metal parts, they will work, not the best quality in my opinion. Thinner gauge sheet metal than OEM, and sometimes the fitment isn't quite perfect.

3. m4

m4 1/2 ton status

sorry, draglink and tie rod ends.

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

why them? just go to parts store in town. much faster and no shipping.

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I agree, just goto the local parts store and get them. Faster, no shipping cost, and you can get the brand you want also.

6. ssls6

ssls6 Registered Member

I just did a rebuild on my front D44. When my order from LMC came, I noticed the ball joints were from Taiwan and the bearings from China. I sent the whole order back and then went to an ORilleys and bought Moog ball joints and Timkin bearings.

I had to go to a Napa for Spicer ujoints, centering ball, and spindle bearings/seals.

7. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

That stinks, I assumed they were so dang expensive because they used good stuff.

Pshhhh.......glad I never bought anything more than a cargo lamp lens from them. Thanks for the heads up.

8. m4

m4 1/2 ton status

I needed some door seals so I thought I'd get the steering parts from the same place.Live and learn.

9. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

try ebay thay have lots of new high quality stuff like door seal kits on there as well. and get good stuff for frt end it will last longer

10. baldamish

baldamish 1/2 ton status

Friend of mine bought a tailgate for his truck from lmc, dropped a stack of 2x4's on it, it crumbled like a paper cup! Not a whole lot of weight for the amount of "crinkle"......just food for thought.

11. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I try to use LMC only if its for a rare part that can only be found in LMC. For what you want, and almost anything else, you can get better quality and cheaper parts from a local parts store, or even a junkyard.
    -Harrison

12. opfor2

opfor2 1/2 ton status

LMC parts suck!!!! I bought door seals for my 90 Blazer and they didn’t even fit properly, The were made in Taiwan and of cheap materials. Most of the stuff that they sell you can get at your local NAPA or Auto Zone and you won’t be paying for shipping and such. However, they do have some one of a kind item but if you were to look on E-bay you can probably find them there. Good luck.

My 2 cents.

13. flatline

flatline 1/2 ton status

this topic has helped me alot already, I was thinking of buying the door seals from LMC but after hearing some comments, I think I am going back to my trusted ebay as ( knock on wood ) everything I have bought to date is good stuff.

My advice is to shop around, don't just compare prices, compare quality!

even though autozone seems like the cheap route, they do carry some nice equipment there. You just have to know what your looking for.

14. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

Just to let you guys know, LMC has a lot of NOS parts from dealers clearing out old stock. Some of there stuff isn't the best, but if you look at their catalogs, a lot of parts are available in both reproduction (less expensive and not the best quality) or GM original (good stuff, and you pay for it). I've been pretty happy with most of the stuff I've gotten, and they have been cool about taking back the stuff that I wasn't happy with. All of the GM truck parts places (LMC, Chevy Duty, e-Bay and a host of others) get their parts from the same place - either old GM stock or reproduction and you can bet there aren't 5 or 6 companies batteling it out for the 73 to 87 GM truck parts market. If LMC has a crappy aftermarket door latch from China, you can bet Chevy Duty and e-Bay will be getting their aftermarket door latch from the same place ... not a lot of places to go for this stuff.

Eric M.

15. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

I have ordered parts from LMC a number of times and I have to say that overall I was satisfied with them. I know of two times that I had to send parts back (one time my fault/one time their fault) and there were no questions asked. I simply found the credit memo on my credit card statement the following month. Very easy. I guess I would have to say that my only problem with them is that the people answering the phone and taking the orders don't have a clue. If you want to talk to someone who knows anything about trucks you have to talk to tech support, but unfortunately that's the case with most companies. Many times you can find parts cheaper locally, but I will continue to order from LMC when I need to. Just my opinion.

16. biobry

biobry Registered Member

Thanks Eric for the enlightenment! Very well put!

The bottom line here is that you do have a choice. Fork over the cash for original GM parts, or understand that you are compromising quality for lower prices. It's cheaper to buy because they can sell it cheaper because they build/manufacture it cheaper!

Sorry for the rant...

Bryan