Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LMC: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Chevy305, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Chevy305

Chevy305 6 Lug 14bsf Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

So I was pissed at LMC recently. My radiator that I bought from them about 1 year ago started leaking last month:angry1:. So last week the leak got worse. Now coolant was spewing out of the radiator. I was pissed and I let LMC's customer service line have an earful. They said they couldn't do anything about it because they only guarrenty parts for 6 months:angry1:. So today I get a call from a customer service rep and they agreed to sent me a brand new radiator totally free of any charge because they said I have been a loyal customer for a few years now and have dropped a lot a cash on their parts. The radiator should come in within 3-4 buisness days. :D :bow: :grin: :deal: :woot:

Also the rear spring hanger I ordered from them started to bend in about a week :rolleyes: so maybe I should complain about that before its 6 months are over.

2. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

sweet...i`ve only dealt with lmc a few times, both of which have been good...i think thats where i got all my tailgate tracks from, customer service could use a little work though

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

glad to hear they covered it for ya!

4. Chevy305

my favorite part is that they called back

5. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

yea that was pretty sweet..

6. blazeonchevy

blazeonchevy 1/2 ton status

i just ordered a crank for the rear window in the tailgate from them... there are hardly any blazers with manual windows in them at the junkyards around here...

7. Chevy305

You know I almost bought a 75 Blazer (:bow: full convertable :bow:) with a manual rear window?

Come to think of it, I don't think that the truck had a gas cap :screwy:

8. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Around here any that do show up in the junkyard with manual cranks are stripped of parts pretty quick.

9. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

LMC has been pretty good. I tried to order some parts in the past and dealing with the idiots from Customer service was just too much so I just hung up and went to the Chevy dealer here. I think some of their stuff can be kinda cheap.

10. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Great customer service, so-so parts quality though. :(

11. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Glad to hear they are trying to make it right. Being a wholesaler of parts its difficult to find manufacturers of top-quality parts for our aging trucks. I'm sure they can find some parts better, but they probably don't have the profitability that they are looking for. Of course, if they warranty too many cheap parts, that should change!

12. Chevy305

LMC in a nut shell :o

13. blazeonchevy

blazeonchevy 1/2 ton status

they dont seem too bad but i havent dealt with the cust. service people before.... i ordered my window crank sunday? i think and got it wednesday so thats not bad.... this was my first dealing with them.. my dad and brother have ordered from them before though and they had no problems.

14. Metrodps

Metrodps Strange but nice guy Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I have ordered a few things from them. Small and large items and did it over the web. The shipping was very fast got to garage before I thought it would.

I have no complaints over the metal parts sure they aren't GM but they're not $450 bucks a fender either!

15. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I just ordered some stuff from them again last night. I never had a problem with them in the past.

16. broc944

broc944 1/2 ton status

I have always had good luck with LMC. They do not have the greatest parts for the most part, but I have never had a bad experience with them. I purchase a lot of the harder to find parts from them, but never any engine or suspension parts. I would give them a 8.5-9 on the 10 scale.

17. Chevy305

Dude I know what your are talking about as far as suspention parts go:

http://coloradok5.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20321&d=1144381840

This was after I wheeled my truck once and this is a Genuine GM part (according to the sticker on it :doah:) The wheeling I did was mostly mud, not really flexy stuff. I think I should complain about it, but I don't want to have to replace the thing unless I have to because I don't want to mess with the suspention again. :surepal:

I guess the real reason they gave me a free radiator is becuase I am a sucker and they think I might just have to blow more $$$ on LMC's parts, which we all know will happen.

18. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

I bought a floor from the firewall back from them, inner front fenders, rockers, sub-supports, and front rear quarters (if that makes sense), plus a rear wheel well arch repair panel.

Floors didn't fit up to the OEM ribs etc at all. But since they fit up fairly well to themselves (IE other pannels) I had no complaints there really. My inner wheel wells fit OK, I didn't get all the bolts in but I didn't really care... made it kinda hard to hang my fenders/doors but I'm also not a master at the task. The rockers were thin, but fit fairly well. You can tell they aren't stock, but only at the very bottom body line, because they don't match up perfectly with the front fenders bottom body line. There was plenty of metal on them though, and they fit very well into the pocket they were supposed to fill. The front rear quarter pannels, that fix just infront of the rear arches and behind the rockers, were great. They fit 100% look 100% OEM and were very thick, maybe even thicker than what I cut away.
    The arch patch pannel SUCKED. It didn't look at all like my truck. I was able to graft it on and with about 1 day worth of work with a hammer/anvil/slap hammer make it look OK. It has the same curves/ridges as the stock fender. Then when I got it back on the road I could step back from the fender (I was about 3' away from another truck when I was working on it) and I noticed that rather then "drooping" from the middle of the arch down on both sides, it's high point is the front "90*" and it goes down from there. Makes it look like the butt is sagging....gar....

/end uber long post...

19. oneofthefewbmx

oneofthefewbmx 1/2 ton status

my experience w/ them was pretty good i guess...i ordered the big plastic bezels that go around the headlight and blinker, one for the left and one for the right...well they send me 2 left ones....so i called and they sent me a "right" side one w/ no hassle....but it got here and was a left side again...so i called and again, no hassle recieved another one in the mail that was for the left side...now i have FOUR left side bezels and no right side ones....so i asked them to send me the left side one, and w/ no hassle got a right side one in the mail....i think it ended up that left and right were not normal like "sitting in the truck" normal....it was as you were looking at it....kinda wierd...but customer service was pretty good...now i have 3 spare left side bezels :)

20. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

hmmm... you own 4 left side bezels, after 4 shipments trying to get a right side. yeah, sounds like great customer service to me. i bet they only made you pay full price for them too didnt they?