Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LMC Truck Steros

Discussion in 'Audio' started by JORGE, Dec 14, 2002.

1. JORGE

JORGE 1/2 ton status

VITORIA-GAZTEIZ(ALAVA)BASQUE COUNTRY,SPAIN
    Hi Guys,
    I would like to know your opinion,about the LMC truck cassetes and Cds Changer.Are they goods?Are they from some good mark? (I was thinking to get one,for not have to cut the dashboard,i think it must to seem ugly,is not?)
    The trouble of these products is they are very expensive...
    Thanks.

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

cut dash
    Thats what mine is like. That silver ring around the edge from the sleeve isnt there anymore so i need to update that pic. I dont know about the LMC but i looked at some shaft style, and none seemed to be of any real quality, least none i found.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I don't know what to think of the stereos from LMC. Thet're not really known for stereos. I personally like JVC. Now I do go for the little known name brands from the highend car stereo shops, but would pass on the stereos from LMC and places like so. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

4. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

I dont know about LMC, but Chevy Duty sells similar ones. Theirs are made by USA and Kenwood.

5. JORGE

JORGE 1/2 ton status

VITORIA-GAZTEIZ(ALAVA)BASQUE COUNTRY,SPAIN
    Yes,i also have seen this kind of cassettes in Jcwhitney,with cheaper prices.I really don,t know what to do,if i would have some kind of aviary,with one of this stereos,it would to be a trouble here in Spain.Maybe it would to be better to get some popular cassette(Clarion,JVC,Kenwood) and cut the dashboard /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    How have you done to cut the dashboard without crak it?
    Thanks!

6. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

well the actual metal dash, a cut-off wheel or even some metal snips. Now as far as the plastic bezel, i didnt wanna hurt my new uncracked one, so i took it to the stereo shop up the road and they cut it out for me for 10 bucks... They had done a bunch of em.