Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

LMC vs CHEVYDUTY?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by eds77k5, Nov 1, 2002.

1. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

just got my chevyduty catalogue and was wondering if anyone has ordered from them and lmc, i have ordered small parts from lmc and they are ok, but, chevyduty has some better prices, both foreign parts i guess, any issues? thanks for any info /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

I've ordered small parts from both. I didn't have a problem with either source. LMC's shipping fees seem more expensive. Lately, I have purchased most of my parts from PickupsNW. Their prices might be slightly higher, but since they are only about 10 miles from my house, I don't have to pay shipping.

3. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Well I just ordered my first items from LMC (hood braces) and I know I'll be ticked if the crap is made in Japan, because LMC puts the American flag in some form on each cover of their catalog and seems to really stress "USA." I just wanted to mention that, I can't offer much help to your problem because I have never dealt with CHEVYDUTY before. If you're wanting to buy sheet metal, I would suggest a company called TABCO. They make good quality materials and are made in the USA. I have never personally dealt with them, but a very good friend of mine restores classic trucks and Blazers for a living/hobby (he's retired from the factory) and he uses TABCO for all his sheet metal. He's showed me their sheet metal compared to LMC's. TABCO's is about twice as thick and just seems more all-around durable. If you want some info regarding TABCO, just reply to this or shoot me a PM and I'll tell you how to get a catalog.

4. BlackDog714

BlackDog714 1/2 ton status

Ok, so how do we get a catalog???? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Since I am redoing my entire interior, I have spent much $$$ over the past 4 weeks at Chevy Duty, Goldenstate and LMC. All are good and ship quickly. Chevy duty left out a part on my last order. I emailed them and they sent it asap. They are good at communicating when product has shipped. Goldenstate is the worst at communicating product shipment. I have emailed before asking if my purchase had shipped. They responded, but I should not have to ask.
    LMC is an excellent operation, but they need to have a website where you can order product.

my 3 cents

6. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Registered Member

Come on, just tell us how to get the catalog.

7. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

go to lmc.com or chevyduty.com and just follow the directions /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

8. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

Chevy Duty seems to have a lot more interior parts than LMC.

9. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

sorry, i'm an idiot. i'm in college right now and the TABCO catalog is at home (with the phone # on it). i went home this past weekend and was busy installing the hood braces and winterizing and totally forgot to get the # /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif if anyone is interested in this, i'll call my dad and have him find the number soon.

btw, in my opinion, those hood braces SUCK and are worthless pieces of sheet metal. i installed them on the K5 and the hood still has kinks in it and bends when i shut it. i could actually bend the "braces" with my bare hands, wtf?

10. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I have ordered some stuff from "made in USA" LMC and it turned out to be cheapo foreign stuff. Not everything mind you, but some things.
    Other stuff from them was quality.
    -- Mike